Check out this delightful and delicious mai two mocktail! This eye-catching cocktail has a beautiful pink color with an elaborate and bright garnish. The sparkling combination and symphony of sweet tropical flavors will send you packing to a paradise of refreshing indulgence.
🍹 What is a Mai Tai Mocktail?
This Mai Tai mocktail is a combination of pineapple juice, orange juice, seltzer water, lime juice, grenadine, simple syrup and almond extract and is topped with a festive orange and three cherry garnish. Is tropical flavored mocktail is served in a hurricane glass and is a bubbly mix of sweet, tropical citrus flavors.
Looking for a few reasons why you should try this recipe? Here’s a list of why you’ll love it:
- Make it for a crowd. This recipe is easy to make in a big batch for a crowd If you want to. All you have to do is multiply the ingredients by 5 or 6 times and make it in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Just like the original. This mocktail tastes almost identical to the cocktail version. You won’t miss the alcohol at all it is just as delicious, festive and fruity.
- Tropical Paradise. The flavors in this mocktail are sweet, fruity and whisk you away to a tropical paradise and no time. It’s the perfect combination of flavors for the summer.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This tropical oasis can be served up at a variety of events including:
- Beach days
- Summer celebrations
- Pool parties
If you would like to tweak the flavors and ingredients in this mocktail, you can certainly do so. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Use flavored seltzer water. Instead of using plain seltzer water, use a flavored one. Good flavors to try are orange, lemon or lime.
- Use almond simple syrup. Substitute the almond extract and simple syrup for an almond simple syrup. You’ll get a very similar flavor.
- Use Orgeat syrup. The cocktail version of this drink uses actual orgeat syrup. If you’d like to use that to get a similar cycle you can. Remove the almond extract and simple syrup if you do.
- Replace the seltzer water. Use lemon lime soda such as Sprite in place of the seltzer water to have a slightly sweeter more citrusy flavor.
- Make it as a large batch. Mix this up in a pitcher or a punch bowl by multiplying the ingredients by five or six times.
- 2 oz Pineapple juice
- 2 oz Orange juice
- 2 oz Seltzer Water
- .5 oz Lime juice
- .5 oz Grenadine
- .5 oz Simple syrup
- 3 – 4 Drops Almond extract
- (optional garnish) Orange slice, lime slice and three cherries
Get started by gathering everything you need. This should include hurricane glass, ice, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, orange wedge and cherries, lime juice, pineapple juice, seltzer water, grenadine, orange juice, almond extract and simple syrup.
Go ahead and fill both the cocktail shaker and the glass up with ice.
Also, you can get your garnish ready now. Slice an orange into wedges. Then, take a cocktail pick. Place it through one end of the orange. Stick three cherries on it and then stick it through the other end of the orange.
Grab the orange juice and measure 2 oz. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Grab the pineapple juice and measure 2 oz. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Grab the seltzer water and measure 2 oz. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Grab the simple syrup and measure 0.5 oz. Then, dump it in a shaker.
Grab the grenadine and measure 0.5 oz. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Grab the lime juice and measure 0.5 oz. Then, dump it in the shaker.
Grab the almond extract. Add a few dashes directly into the shaker.
Cover the top of the shaker with its lid. Spend 15 to 20 seconds shaking well and the shaker will become cold to the touch.
Pop the lid off the shaker and strain the drink into your glass. Then, place your garnish over top of the glass and enjoy.
Mai Tai Mocktail
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- Rocks glass
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Seltzer Water
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- .5 oz Grenadine
- 3 – 4 drops Almond Extract
- Orange Slice optional garnish
- Lime Slice optional garnish
- 3 Maraschino Cherries optional garnish
- Fill up both the rocks glass and cocktail shaker with ice.
- Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of pineapple juice. Dump it into the shaker.*see below notes if you need to measure with tbs and cups instead of ounces.
- Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of orange juice. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of seltzer water. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure .5 oz of lime juice. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure .5 oz of simple syrup. Dump it into the shaker.
- Use the jigger to measure .5 oz of grenadine. Dump it into the shaker.
- Add 3 – 4 dashes of almond extract to the shaker.
- Put the shaker lid on and shake for about 20 seconds.*be careful not too shake too vigorously or it will fizz up from the seltzer water.
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer on the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the rocks glass.
- If you want to add a garnish: add an orange slice, an lime slice and three maraschino cherries to a cocktail pick and put it on the glass.
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup seltzer water
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs simple syrup
- 1 tbs grenadine