Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you like naughty named cocktails, try out the quick fuck shot. This shot has three fun layers and a delicious creamy coffee flavor.
What is a Quick Fuck Shot?
A quick fuck shot is a layered shot with Kahlua on the bottom, Midori in the middle and Bailey’s Irish cream on top. The resulting shot is a deep brown, neon green and white cream layered color. It has a very sweet, creamy slightly melon coffee flavor.
Layering in a shot or cocktail is basically when you have one ingredient sitting on top of another. This is made possible because liquids have different densities. The heaviest density will sit on the bottom while the lightest will sit on the top.
Kahlua is a coffee flavored liqueur. It is a deep rich brown color. It is made from rum, sugar and arabica coffee beans. It originated in Mexico. It has a sweet extremely strong coffee flavor.
Midori is the neon green color in this shot. It originated in Japan and is a very sweet melon flavored liqueur. It is made from honeydew and Yubari melons.
Bailey’s Irish cream is a creamy looking liqueur. It is made from Irish whiskey, cream and sugar. It has a creamy very sweet flavor with undertones of both chocolate and vanilla.
Occasions for this shot
Wondering when to serve this one up? Try out some of these different occasions:
- college parties
- informal get togethers
- fun celebrations
- bachelor or bachelorette parties
In order to make sure that this shot is layered properly, you can’t change things up too much. However, there are a few substitutions that are possible:
- Substitute the Kahlua. Kahlua is not the only coffee flavored liqueur. You could substitute it out and still get a similar color and flavor with another brand. Tia Maria is one common one.
- Substitute the Baileys. Like Kahlua, Bailey’s is not the only brand of Irish cream available. It is the most popular. You can use a different brand of Irish cream if desired. Additionally, if you wanted to change the flavor up a little you could use a different flavor of Bailey’s Irish cream such as their coffee flavor.
How to make this drink:
This shot is super easy to make. It only needs three really simple ingredients. The thing that will take the most time for this shot is going slow and using a steady hand when layering your ingredients.
- 1 oz kahlua
- 1 oz midori
- 1 oz baileys
Ensure that you have gathered everything you need to make this shot including jigger, bar spoon, shot glass, Kahlua, Baileys and Midori.
Grab your jigger and your Kahlua. Using the jigger, measure 1 oz of Kahlua. Then, toss the Kahlua into the bottom of the shot glass.
Grab your jigger and your Midori. Using the jigger, measure 1 oz of Midori.
Then, to layer the Midori, place the bar spoon upside down just above the line of Kahlua in the shot glass. Slowly pour the Midori from the jigger over the back of the bar spoon so that it lays on top of the Kahlua.
Grab your jigger and your Baileys. Using the jigger, measure 1 oz of Bailey’s.
Then, to layer the Bailey’s, place the bar spoon upside down in the shot glass just above the line of Midori. Slowly, pour the Irish cream from the jigger over the back of the bar spoon so that it lays on top of the Midori.
Quick Fuck Shot
- bar spoon
- shot glass
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Midori
- 1 oz Irish Cream
- Collect all of the ingredients and equipment together so that they are ready to make the drink.
- Take the Kahlua and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of Kahlua and dump it into the shot glass.
- Take the midori and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of midori.
- To layer it on the kahlua, put the bar spoon upside down in the shot glass just above the kahlua. Slowly pour the midori over the back of the bar spoon so that it lays on top of the kahlua.
- Take the irish cream and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of irish cream.
- To layer it on the irish cream, put the bar spoon upside down in the shot glass just above the midori. Slowly pour the irish cream over the back of the bar spoon so that it lays on top of the midori.