Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is fireball in ginger ale good together? Yes, a fireball and ginger ale cocktail is super easy to ingredient cocktail that’s full of cinnamon spice.
What is a Fireball and Ginger Ale?
A fireball and ginger ale is a two ingredient highball that is sometimes known as a ginger balls. This cocktail calls for a 2:1 ratio of ginger ale to fireball. This drink has a little sweet fizzy flavor that quickly transitions into a strong cinnamon spice.
Fireball is a type of whiskey that is cinnamon flavored. Is made of cinnamon flavorings, sugar and Canadian whiskey. It’s around 33% alcohol by volume. It has a very strong cinnamon spice flavor and is exceptionally smooth when it goes down.
Ginger ale, as you likely know, is a type of soda. Like other sodas it is carbonated or fizzy. It has a sweet ginger flavor It is not overwhelming. It is sort of a refreshing drink.
When to Make This Drink:
Seeing as how this drink is a super easy to make two ingredient cocktail, it’s well suited for a variety of occasions including:
- holiday parties
- afternoon sipping
- after dinner drinks
- guys or girls night out
There’s not a ton you can change up in this drink since it only takes two ingredients. However, if you want to mix it up a little try these ideas out:
- Use a different ginger ale brand. We really love Canada dry ginger ale and that’s what we used for the strength. However, different brands have slightly different flavors so you can substitute in your favorite brand.
- Use zero sugar ginger ale. Ginger ale tends to have a lot of sugar in it. However, if you want to watch the sugar consumption, use a sugar-free kind.
- Use a flavored ginger ale. Surprisingly, ginger ale does come in different flavors. Try out cranberry or blackberry which would be good mixers to use If you want to add in a little fruit flavor.
- Add a garnish or rim. If you want to sweeten this one up, use a cinnamon sugar rim. Or, if you want to add a little citrus twist add a squeeze of lime or lemon.
- Make a large batch. With the fizzy sweetness of the strength it works well as a large batch to be served at parties. Simply multiply the amounts of ingredient by 5 or 6 each and mix it in a punch bowl.
Some similar ginger ale drinks include: Jager and gingerale or whiskey gingerale.
How to make this drink:
If you have around 2 minutes then you have enough time to whip this one up. Simply dump your ingredients into your glass and stir them well.
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Gingerale
Collect together everything necessary for this drink including jigger, bar spoon, highball glass, ice, fireball whiskey and ginger ale.
Grab a couple handfuls of ice and toss them into the glass. The glass should be filled to the top of the ice.
Grab the fireball whiskey. Using the jigger, measure 2 oz of whiskey and pour it into the glass with the ice.
Grab the ginger ale. Using the jigger, measure 4 oz of ginger ale and pour it into the glass with the whiskey and ice.
pro tip: If you want to skip measuring the ginger ale you can do so. Simply pour the ginger ale directly into the glass until it is full. Typically, this will result in a little more than 4 oz of ginger ale which is just fine.
Make sure everything is mixed together well. You can do this two ways: with a shaker or bar spoon.
With a shaker you will simply dump the contents of the glass into the cocktail shaker. And then, dump the contents from the shaker back into the glass. Make sure to do this carefully so that the ginger ale doesn’t fizz up.
With a bar spoon, you will simply place the spoon into the glass. Then, carefully give everything a couple good stirs.
Fireball and Ginger Ale
- bar spoon
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Ginger Ale
- Gather up all of the listed equipment and ingredients above.
- Take some ice and toss it into the glass. Glass should be filled almost to the top with ice.
- Take the fireball and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of fireball. Then, dump it into the glass.
- Take the ginger ale and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 oz of ginger ale. Then, dump it into the glass.note: alternatively, you can just use the ginger ale to top the glass off instead of measuring it out.
- Mix the drink together using either a bar spoon or shaker.1) To use the shaker: carefully pour the drink into the shaker and then back to the glass.2) To use the bar spoon: stick it into the glass and then stir well.
Leave a Reply