Is jager good with ginger ale? Yes, jager and ginger ale is a spicy, fizzy and very flavorful cocktail that you’re sure to love.
What is a Jager and Ginger Ale?
A Jager and ginger ale, sometimes called a Jager ginger, is a simple two ingredient highball cocktail that has strong herbal and ginger flavors mixed with the refreshing fizzy carbonation from the ginger ale. This drink is a perfect sipper for most any occasion in any season.
Jagermeister, otherwise known as a Jager, is a liquor of German descent with 56 different herbs and spices contributing to its flavor profile. Some of the flavors noted in Jager include: anise, ginger, ginseng, licorice and juniper berries. It has a relatively low alcohol percentage at around 35% alcohol by volume.
Ginger ale, if you are not familiar, is a type of soda. It is highlighted by its ginger flavoring which is combined into a sweetened carbonated soda water.
Occasions for this drink
With its sweet and complex flavor this slightly spicy cocktail is perfect for many different occasions. Here are a few times you might want to whip this one up:
- spring or summertime sipping
- mid-afternoon cocktail
- pool parties
- informal get togethers
How to make this drink:
You can whip this cocktail up in 3 minutes or less. No fancy ingredients or techniques are needed for this one, just a glass and two simple ingredients and a little stirring.
- 2 oz Jager
- 4 oz Ginger Ale
First, make sure that you have everything you need to make this drink. Gather together your Jager, ginger ale, ice, highball glass, jigger and bar spoon.
Next, go ahead and take your ice and fill your glass almost to the top with it.
Take your jägermeister and your jigger. Using your jigger measure 2 oz of jagermeister and carefully pour it into your glass.
Take your ginger ale and your jigger. Using your jigger measure 4 oz of ginger ale and carefully pour it into your glass with your jagermeister.
Note: You don’t have to be exactly precise with your measurements of ginger ale if you don’t want. A little extra ginger ale will temper the flavor of the jager slightly and a little less ginger ale will bring out the jager flavor more.
Finally, go ahead and take your bar spoon and mix your drink together well so that everything is thoroughly combined.
Garnishes are optional for this one. However, if you’d like to add one a simple lemon or lime wedge on the rim of your glass works well.
Jager and Ginger ale
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Jager
- 4 oz Ginger ale
- lemon or lime wedge optional garnish
- Get your glass, jager, bar spoon, jigger and gingerale gathered together.
- Fill your glass up almost to the top with ice.
- Use your jigger and measure out 2 oz of jager.
- Pour your jager into your glass with the ice.
- Use your jigger and measure out 4 oz of ginger ale.
- Pour your ginger ale into your glass with the jager and ice.
- Use your bar spoon to carefully, but completely stir your drink together.
- If you want to add a lemon or lime wedge as an optional garnish:Cut a lemon or lime into equal wedges.Pick one wedge and cut a small notch between the pulp and peel.Use the notch you cut and secure your wedge on the rim of your glass.