Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for an easy to make super flavorful shot? Give this flat tire drink a try. It is a tantalizing combination of black sambuca and tequila that you are sure to want to taste.
What is a Flat Tire Drink?
A flat tire drink is a dark colored shot that is a combination of tequila and black sambuca and a two to one ratio. This shot tastes like black licorice with a little bit of a sweet spicy bite from the tequila.
Tequila comes in a couple different variations. We used a silver tequila and this drink, but you could use a gold or aged tequila as well. It provides a lightly sweet and spicy flavor.
Black sambuca is made by adding an elderberry syrup to regular sambuca to give it a black color. It still has the same anise or licorice flavor with notes of spiciness that regular clear sambuca has (source).
When to Make This Drink:
This easy to make strongly flavored shot can be served up at occasions including:
- College parties
- After dinner drinks
- Casual get togethers
Since they’re only two ingredients for this one, there’s not a lot to change up. Here are a few ideas:
- Use a different tequila. We used a silver tequila, but a lot of variations of this recipe call for Jose cuervo gold tequila.
- Change up the proportions. You could always change up the amounts of each ingredient. However, do be careful with adding too much black sambuca as it is very strong in flavor.
A few other sambuca based drinks are: The flaming sambuca & the flaming lamborghini.
How to make this drink:
This drink is as easy as tossing your two ingredients in the shaker and shaking them up. You should be able to have this one whipped together in 2 minutes or less.
- .5 oz Black sambuca
- 1 oz Tequila
First, get everything you need for this drink including black sambuca, tequila, ice, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, shot glass and jigger.
Dump a couple handful of ice into the cocktail shaker.
Grab up the tequila. Measure out 1.5 oz of tequila with a jigger and dump it into the cocktail shaker.
Grab up the black sambuca. Measure out 0.5 oz of black sambuca with a jigger and dump it into the cocktail shaker.
Cover the shaker up with its lid and shake well until it becomes cold on the outside. Usually this takes around 15 to 20 seconds.
Then, remove the shaker lid and strain your flat tire shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
Flat Tire Drink
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .5 oz Black Sambuca
- 1 oz Tequila
- Gather all the ingredients and equipment needed for this drink.
- Take some ice and use it to fill up the cocktail shaker to the top.
- Grab the black sambuca. Use the jigger to measure out .5 oz and toss it into the shaker.
- Grab the tequila. Use the jigger to measure out .5 oz and toss it into the shaker.
- Take the shaker top and use it to cover the shaker.
- Shake it well until it gets cold. This will take about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Remove the top from the shaker. Take the hawthorne strainer and use it to cover the shaker.
- Strain the shot into the shot glass.