Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This fun and tasty green tea shot actually contains no tea at all. However, it has a light green color that is reminiscent of green tea.
What is a Green Tea Shot?
A green tea shot is an equal combination of Jameson Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, Sprite and sweet and sour mix. The resulting shot has a light green color and has a sweet peachy honey type flavor with a little warmth and bite of the whiskey.
Jameson Irish whiskey is a very smooth triple distilled whiskey. It is a sweet and smooth drink. It lends a little warmth to this drink and the majority of the alcoholic content.
Peach schnapps is a very sweet and peachy flavored liqueur. It provides a lot of these sweetness the light, bright fruit flavor in this shot.
Sweet and sour mix is essentially a combination of lemon juice and sugar. It has a sweet and also tart citrus flavor. Using a store-bought sweet and sour mix is part of what contributes to the light green color of this shot.
Sprite, as you probably know, it’s a lemon lime flavored soda. It has a sweet citrus flavor with a little bit of fizz. It helps to keep a bright and refreshing flavor to this drink.
When to Make This Drink:
With its light green color and bright, refreshing flavor this shot is well suited for occasions such as:
- spring celebrations
- afternoon get togethers
- beach days
- summer afternoons
Here are a few ways to vary this shot:
- Substitute Vodka. Use vodka instead of Jameson’s Irish whiskey to make a similar tasting white tea shot.
- Make your own sweet and sour mix. For a brighter more fresh flavor, whip up a batch of your own sweet and sour mix using simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Use a different whiskey. Thought that this drink was originated by Jameson Irish whiskey. And that is the whiskey typically used. However, you can use any other type of whiskey and it will work as well.
- Use a different soda. We prefer Sprite. However, you can use any type of lemon lime soda including 7UP. You can also use a diet or zero sugar soda variation if you prefer.
- Make it a cocktail. Multiply the ingredients by two or three and add them to a rocks glass to have a cocktail to sip on instead of a shot.
How to make this drink:
If you have about 5 minutes, then you can get this shot ready to go. Simply dump your four ingredients into a shaker and give them a shake.
- .5 oz Jameson
- .5 oz Peach schnapps
- .5 oz Sweet and sour
- Top with Sprite
Before getting started make sure you have everything you need including sweet and sour mix, peach schnapps, ice, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, Sprite, Jameson Irish whiskey and shot glass.
Grab enough ice to fill the cocktail shaker up to the brim.
Use the jigger and measure out .5 oz of Jameson Irish whiskey. Then, dump the whiskey into the shaker.
Use the jigger to measure out 0.5 oz of peach schnapps. Then, dump the peach schnapps into the shaker.
Use the jigger to measure out 0.5 oz of sweet and sour mix. Then, dump the sweet and sour mix into the shaker.
Use the jigger to measure out 0.5 oz of Sprite. Then, dump the Sprite into the shaker.
Pro tip: If you want to skip measuring the Sprite you can. Instead, you’ll use it to top the shot glass off after you’ve poured your mixture in the shot glass.
Place the shaker lid over top of the shaker. Then, shake the drink well for around 20 seconds or until the shaker is icy and cold.
Pop the shaker lid off and strain your drink from the shaker into your shot glass. Enjoy!
Green Tea Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- .5 oz Peach Schnapps
- .5 oz Sweet and Sour mix
- .5 oz Jameson
- top with Sprite
- Ensure you have everything gathered up that is listed in the equipment and ingredient sections above.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker. The ice should fill the shaker up.
- Measure out .5 oz of Jameson with the jigger. Then, dump the Jameson into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of peach schnapps with the jigger. Then, dump the peach schnapps into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of sweet and sour mix with the jigger. Then, dump the sweet and sour mix into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of sprite with the jigger. Then, dump the sprite into the shaker.note: you can also add the sprite as the last step of this drink. You would simply top the shot glass off with sprite after adding the other ingredients.
- Stick the shaker lid on and shake it up. The shaker will get cold on the outside which usually takes about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Replace the shaker lid with the hawthorne strainer.
- Strain the drink into the shot glass.