Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This white tea shot is a perfect shot to serve when you’re looking for something quick and refreshing. Though there is no actual tea in this shot, you’re still sure to love it.
What is a White Tea Shot?
A white tea shot is a combination of vodka, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix and Sprite. It is a variation of the green tea shot which is made with Jameson whiskey instead of vodka.
A white tea shot, not surprisingly, is a clear shot that looks sort of like white tea. It has a light and refreshing flavor with a hint of smooth honey as it goes down.
The vodka in this shot contributes the majority of its liquor content. Vodka itself is a clear liquor that tends to take on the flavors of the other ingredients it’s mixed with. This weakness of the other ingredients really smooth any bite of vodka out.
Peach schnapps is a very sweet and strong peach flavored liqueur. It provides a sweetness to this shot.
Sweet and sour mix is essentially a combination of lemon juice and simple syrup or sugar. You can make your own at home or you can purchase it pre-made.
Sprite, as you likely know, is a lemon lime flavored soda. It lends a little fizziness as well as a sweet citrus flavor to this shot.
When to Make This Drink:
This shot is smooth, light and refreshing which makes it easy to serve up out of a variety of occasions including:
- summer get togethers
- pool party
- guys or girls night out
- tailgating parties
If you’re interested in substituting some of the ingredients, but maintaining the same flavor and color then try some of these ideas out:
- Use a different clear liquor. The vodka is most commonly used in this shot, you could use a white rum or a silver tequila. Both of these are still clear and do not have super strong flavors.
- Make it a cocktail. Multiply the ingredients by two or three and add everything to a rock’s glass with some ice to create a full cocktail to sip on.
- Make your own sweet and sour mix. Instead of using store-bought, you can whip your own up with some lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Use a different lemon lime soda. We prefer Sprite so that’s what we used in the ingredients below. However, you can use another lemon lime soda such as 7 up. You can also try out lower sugar options such as Sprite zero.
How to make this drink:
This shot only needs four ingredients and a little shaking and you have it ready. You should be able to shake this one together in under 5 minutes.
- .5 oz Vodka
- .5 oz Peach schnapps
- .5 oz Sweet and sour mix
- .5 oz sprite
Get started by making sure you have everything necessary for the drink including shot glass, peach schnapps, Sprite, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, ice, sweet and sour mix and vodka.
Take some ice and toss it into the cocktail shaker until the shaker is filled to the top.
Using the jigger, measure out .5 oz of peach schnapps. Then, pour the peach schnapps into the cocktail shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out 0.5 oz of Sprite. Then pour the Sprite into the cocktail shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out 0.5 oz of sweet and sour mix. Then, pour the sweet and sour mix into the Shaker.
Using the jigger, measure out .5 oz of vodka. Then, pour the vodka into the shaker.
Cover the shaker up with its lid. Shake everything well until the shaker gets cold and icy on the outside which should take around 15 seconds.
Remove the lid from the shaker and strain your shot from the cocktail shaker into the shot glass. Enjoy!
White Tea Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- .5 oz Vodka
- .5 oz Peach Schnapps
- .5 oz Sour Mix
- top with Sprite
- Collect all the items needed to make the drink.
- Pop ice into the shaker; the ice should completely fill the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of Vodka using the jigger. Then, pour the vodka into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of peach schnapps using the jigger. Then, pour the peach schnapps into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of sour mix using the jigger. Then, pour the sour mix into the shaker.
- Measure out .5 oz of sprite using the jigger. Then, pour the sprite into the shaker.pro tip: alternatively, you can save adding the sprite for the very end of this drink and just top the shot glass off with it.
- Pop the shaker lid on and shake well. This will take about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Pop the shaker lid off and put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.