Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
There’s not much yummier than a warm chewy oatmeal cookie. Well, until you try this oatmeal cookie shot that is! Full of sweet cookie flavor that you’ll love to drink.
What is a Oatmeal Cookie Shot?
An oatmeal cookie shot is a combination of equal parts butterscotch schnapps, Fireball and Irish cream. This shot not only tastes like a sweet and creamy oatmeal cream pie, but it also smells like one.
Fireball whiskey is a type of whiskey liqueur that has a strong, spicy cinnamon flavor with a little bit of sweetness. It is a liqueur that’s at around 33% alcohol by volume. Fireball cocktails are popular with their spicy and sweet flavor.
The butterscotch schnapps provides a lot of the cookie flavor in this drink. It has a sweet brown butter and caramelized sugar flavor.
The creamy color of the drink and a little bit of the sweetness comes from the Irish cream. Irish cream is a liqueur that is in mixture of Irish whiskey, sugar and cream.
When to Make This Drink:
This easy to make sweet dessert shot should be served up during fun occasions like:
- Birthday parties
- Dessert drinks
- Cocktail hour
If you’re looking for ingredients substitutions and other ways to change this shot up, but keep the oatmeal cookie flavor try one or two of these out:
- Use cinnamon schnapps. Substitute the fireball whiskey for cinnamon schnapps like goldschläger.
- Add a splash of Kahlua. Add .25 to .5 oz of kalua to add a little extra flavor complexity.
- Add a splash of Jager. You don’t want to overdo this one or it will overpower the drink. Use .25 oz or less to add a little extra spice to the drink.
- Add some garnishes. Rim the glass with caramel or butterscotch sauce. You can even drizzle some inside. Or, you can crumble up some oatmeal cookies and add them to the rim as well.
- Make it a cocktail. Double all the ingredients and serve it in a rocks glass over ice.
How to make this drink:
You should be able to shape this one together in about 3 minutes since there’s only three easy ingredients. Dump everything together, shake it up and you’re ready to serve.
- .75 Baileys
- .75 oz Butterscotch schnapps
- .75 oz Fireball Whiskey
Gather up everything you need for this shot including Fireball, butterscotch schnapps, Irish cream, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, shot glass and a jigger.
Take a couple handfuls of ice and dump it into the shaker.
Pick up the Irish cream. Use the jigger to measure 0.75 oz and pour it into the shaker.
Pick up the butterscotch schnapps. Use a jigger to measure 0.75 oz in pour into the shaker.
Pick up the fireball whiskey. Use a jigger to measure 0.75 oz and pour into the shaker.
Pop the top on the shaker and shake everything up for around 15 seconds. The shaker will become cold to touch.
Then, pop a top off and strain the oatmeal cookie shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
Oatmeal Cookie Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Bailey's
- .75 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- .75 oz Fireball Whiskey
- Fill the cocktail shaker up with ice.
- Snatch up the jigger and irish cream. Using the jigger, measure out .75 oz of irish cream and toss it into the shaker.
- Snatch up the jigger and butterscotch schnapps. Using the jigger, measure out .75 oz of butterscotch schnapps and toss it into the shaker.
- Snatch up the jigger and fireball whiskey. Using the jigger, measure out .75 oz of fireball whiskey and toss it into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker up with the lid.
- Shake it until the outside gets cold. Usually that takes about 15 – 20 seconds.
- Take off the shaker lid and put the strainer on.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.