Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Pretty in pink is the name of the game with this passion fruit daiquiri. It is sure to whisk you away on a tropical flavor adventure with its sweet and tart flavors. With only four ingredients you’re able to blend this one right up and say cheers to dreams of a tropical beach paradise.
🍹 What is a Passion Fruit Daquiri?
Passion fruit daiquiri is a fruity twist on a classic cocktail. This drink is a combination of passion fruit liqueur, white rum, lime juice and simple syrup. It can be served shaking or blended as a frozen drink. This beautiful, pink colored cocktail has a sweet and tropical passion fruit flavor with a nice kick of rum.
This tropical tasting cocktail is a nice fruit spin on a classic daiquiri. Classically, daiquiris are combination of rum, lime juice and simple syrup. But, by adding a passion fruit flavored liqueur you can both wrap up a pretty pink color in the string as well as a nice tropical taste. There are all kinds of other flavor variations on the classic daiquiri such as this frozen banana daiquiri.
Here are several reasons why this is a must try recipe:
- Easy to make. With only four ingredients this recipe is super easy to make. Especially if you choose to do a shaken instead of a blended version. Either way you don’t need more than 8 minutes to get this one ready.
- Easy to customize. It’s really easy to customize this recipe you can do it shaken or frozen. You can easily upscale or a crowd and make it a big batch. Really, you can make this recipe be anything you needed to be.
- Taste of the tropics. This super delicious and flavorful cocktail has a sweet and tropical flavor. It’s the perfect wind of passion fruit with a little hint of citrus. It sure to whisk you away to a beach day.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This is a fun cocktail to serve up at so many different events. Here are a few suggested settings to try it out:
- Pool parties
- Beach days
- Girls night out
Here are a few ideas to try if you’re looking for flavor variations or ingredient modifications:
- Shake it up. The instructions below are how to blend this to make it frozen. However, it’s easy to shake this one up instead. Simply place all of your ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake well and then strain your drink into your glass.
- Use passion fruit juice. Instead of using passion fruit liqueur, you can use passion fruit juice for a little less alcohol content and a little fresher passion fruit flavor.
- Use actual passion fruit. You can use fresh passion fruit in a shaker to create a passion fruit flavor in this cocktail. Or, you can use frozen passion fruit blend it into the frozen version of the drink. If you choose to go this route, you can forego the passion fruit liqueur.
- Make it for a crowd. Multiply the ingredients by five times and serve this up in a pitcher if you’re looking to have a large batch to serve to a crowd.
- 2 oz Rum
- 1 oz Passion fruit Liqueur
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Simple syrup
Go ahead and gather everything together including passion fruit liqueur, ice, white rum, lime juice, simple syrup, jigger and shaker or blender depending if you’re making it frozen or not.
Note: The steps below will detail making a frozen blended drink. However, it’s easy to make this chilled and shaken instead. Simply fill your cocktail shaker with ice, add your ingredients directly to the shaker, shake well for 15 to 20 seconds and then strain into your glass and enjoy.
Fill your glass up to the top with ice.
Add one cup of ice to the blender.
Measure 0.5 oz of simple syrup with the jigger. And add that to the blender.
Measure 1 oz of passion fruit liqueur with a jigger. And, add that to the blender.
Measure 1 oz of lime juice with a jigger. And, add that to the blender.
Measure 2 oz of white rum with a jigger. And, add that to the blender.
Now it’s time to get everything blended together. Blender settings and times will vary. For example, we like to smoothie setting on our blender for a few minutes.
The main goal here is to blend everything well without making it liquified.
Go ahead and turn the blender off, then pour everything into your glass.
Passion Fruit Daquiri
- Margarita glass
- Measuring Cup optional
- Spoon optional
- 2 oz Rum
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Liqueur
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Ice
- Add 1 cup of ice into the blender.
- Add 2 oz of rum into the blender.
- Add 1 oz Passion fruit Liqueur into the blender.
- Add 1 oz of lime juice into the blender.
- Add .5 oz of simple syrup into the blender.
- Blend everything up.Blender speeds and times will vary. We typically use smoothie setting for a few minutes on our blender. You want to make sure to mix it well, but not liquify it.
- Pour your drink into your glass.