Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re searching for a tropical, fruity shot perfect for a beach day, the surfer on acid drink is just what you’re looking for. This shot is super easy to mix up and can be a shot or cocktail.
What is a surfer on acid shot?
A surfer on acid shot has a strong licorice flavor from the jager on the front which fades into a fruity blend of coconut and pineapple on the backend. It is a sweet and tropical flavored shot that is smooth to take.
With only three ingredients, tossing this shot together is super easy. The tropical coconut and pineapple flavors are perfect for days on the water rather it be surfing the waves, relaxing by the pool or tubing down a river.
While there are several different types of rum including dark, spiced and white, this cocktail calls for a coconut rum. The coconut really mixes well with the pineapple juice and the thick licorice flavor of the jager.
As history goes, this drink is said to have been invented by a bartender in the 1990’s.
How to make this drink:
Literally just dump your ingredients in a shaker and mix them up. Making this shot super, duper easy to whip up. If you want to make it as a cocktail, simply multiple the amounts of ingredients by 2 times.
- .75 oz coconut rum
- .75 oz pineapple juice
- Lime Wedge or pineapple slice
- .75 oz jager
Grab your equipment and ingredients and get ready to mix it up.
Start by filling your Hawthorne Shaker full of ice.
Measure out ¾ an ounce of pineapple juice and dump that into your cocktail shaker.
Measure out ¾ of an ounce of Jager and dump that into your cocktail shaker as well.
Again measure out ¾ of an ounce, this time of coconut rum, and dump that into your cocktail shaker.
Place the top on your Shaker and shake thoroughly. This usually takes around 15 to 20 seconds or until the outside of the Shaker is cold to touch.
Remove the top and replace it with your Hawthorne strainer. Go ahead and pour the liquid from your Shaker into your shot glass.
Finally you can garnish the shot with a wedge of lime or a slice of pineapple.
Kick it back and enjoy!
Surfer on Acid
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Coconut Rum
- .75 oz Pineapple Juice
- .75 oz Jager
- Slide of Pineapple or Lime Wedge (optional garnish)
- Grab your highball glass and shaker and fill them both with ice.
- Grab you jigger. Measure .75 oz of pineapple juice and toss that into your cocktail shaker.
- Measure .75 oz of Jager and toss that into your cocktail shaker.
- Again use your jigger, measure .75 oz of Coconut Rum and toss that into your cocktai shaker.
- Grab the cocktail shaker top and place it on the shaker.
- Shake the shaker well until the outside is cold to the touch. Usually around 15 – 20 seconds.
- Replace the top of the shaker with the hawthorne strainer.
- Pour the shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
- (optional garnish) slice a piece of pineapple or a slice of lime and place on the rim of the shot glass.
- Kick it back and enjoy!