Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Tequila and ginger ale is an easy to make, refreshing cocktail that is perfect for summer or spring sipping. It has a sweet, fizzy ginger flavor that is sure to please everyone.
What is a Tequila and Gingerale?
Tequila and ginger ale is a simple two ingredient highball cocktail that is highlighted by a strong, sweet and fizzy Ginger flavor. It is similar to a Mexican mule which uses ginger beer instead of ginger ale.
Ginger ale is a carbonated soda. It has a sweet, but not overly sweet flavor. It’s flavor profile is highlighted by a ginger taste with a subtle citrus undertone.
Tequila is a liquor that is made from the blue agave plant. It tends to have a strong bite to it. If you want less of a bite you might want to go for a gold tequila or a higher priced silver tequila.
Tequila comes in several variations including gold and silver or blanco. The main difference here is that gold tequila is aged in bottles and tends to have a bit of a smoother sweeter taste.
You can use any type of tequila in this cocktail we enjoy silver tequila or reposado tequila. But again, any tequila variation works well.
There are lots of other Cocktails with gingerale such as rum and gingerale or whiskey and gingerale
When to Serve
This drink is so easy to whip up it fits for most any occasion. Here are a few of the best times to serve this drink:
- Summer afternoon
- Poolside gathering
- Day at the beach
- Spring or summer barbecue
- Afternoon get together with friends
How to make this drink:
This cocktail is so easy to make. You can have it stirred up and under 2 minutes.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 oz Gingerale
- Lime Wedge or cherries (garnish)
Start off by gathering together your lime or cherries, tequila, Ginger ale, jigger, bar spoon and highball glass.
You’ll want to go ahead and fill your highball glass almost to the very top with ice.
If you want to add an optional lime wedge as a garnish, go ahead and slice your lime up. Then take one slice and use your knife to cut a notch in the lime. You can either put the notch in the middle of the pulp or on the edge between the pulp and the peel.
Then, use that notch to secure your lime wedge on the rim of your glass.
If you want cherries as the garnish, stick three on a cocktail pick and slide it into the side of your glass.
Add some Tequila to your Glass by measuring out 2 oz with your jigger and pouring it in.
Add some ginger ale to your Glass by measuring out 4 oz with your jigger and pouring it in the glass as well.
Note: if you want, instead of using your jigger to measure, you can simply top the glass off with ginger ale. The more ginger ale you add the lighter the tequila flavor will be.
Lastly, you want to make sure everything is stirred together well. Use your bar spoon and give your drink a stir. Make sure not to stir too vigorously so the ginger ale does not fizz up.
Sit back with your drink and take a sip!
Tequila and Gingerale
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 oz Gingerale
- Lime Wedge or cherries
- Get all of your ingredients and supplies gathered and ready to go.
- Fill up your glass with ice.
- Get your garnish ready. Grab a lime and cut it into slices. Cut a small notch in the pulp of one slice. Stick the lime wedge on the rim of your glass using the notch.Or, if using cherries, stick three on a cocktail pick and put it in the side of your glass.
- Take your tequila and jigger and measure up 2 oz of tequila. Toss the tequila into your glass with the ice
- Take your gingerale and jigger and measure up 4 oz of gingerale. Toss the Ginger ale into your glass with the ice.Note: You don't have to measure the ginger ale if you don't want. You can simply use it to top off the glass.
- Take your bar spoon and stir it all up well.
Leave a Reply