Looking for a fun and bright colored shot for your next party? Try out this alligator sperm shot with its creamy flavor and bright green color.
What is an alligator sperm shot?
An alligator sperm shot is an equal mix of Midori and pineapple juice topped with a splash of cream. Despite its slightly inappropriate name, it has a surprisingly delicious flavor full of sweet tropical fruit with a smooth finish from the heavy cream.
The splash of heavy cream on the top of this shot leads to really smoothing out the liquor flavor from the Midori. It also adds a little creamy and sweet flavor.
Pineapple juice, of course, is exactly what it sounds like. It is juice from a pineapple. It’s best to use 100% pineapple juice and not a pineapple juice cocktail which will involve other juices being added in. Pineapple juice itself has a sweet tropical and slightly tangy flavor.
The bright green color of the shot comes from the Midori liqueur used. Midori originated in Japan and is made from two types of melons. The resulting flavor is a very sweet muskmelon or honeydew melon type flavor with an almost dry finish.
When to Make This Drink:
With its bright green color and sweet flavor this shot is fun at many occasions such as:
- St Patrick’s Day celebrations and parties
- college parties
- sports parties especially those when a team has a gator mascot
- casual get togethers
- any celebration that’s themed with green decorations
How to make this drink:
With three easy ingredients, you can whip this shot up in about three minutes. You do need to have a little patience when layering the cream on top of the drink.
- 1 oz Midori
- 1 oz Pineapple juice
- .25 oz Heavy Cream
Start out by ensuring you have everything you need to make this drink including Midori, pineapple juice, heavy cream, ice, shot glasses, a jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer and a bar spoon.
Grab your ice and fill your cocktail shaker almost to the top with it.
Grab your jigger and your Midori and measure out 1 oz of Midori and pour it into your cocktail shaker.
Grab your jigger and pineapple juice and measure out 1 ounce of pineapple juice. Pour that into your cocktail shaker.
Place the top on your cocktail shaker and shake it well for 15 to 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should become cold and icy to the touch.
Take the top off of your cocktail shaker and place your Hawthorne strainer over the top of the shaker. Pour the contents of the shaker into your shot glass.
Take your jigger and measure 0.25 oz of heavy cream.
Grab your bar spoon and place it upside down just above the top of the liquid in the shot glass. Take your measured heavy cream and carefully and slowly pour it over the back of the bar spoon so that it lays on top of your green shot.
With that your drink is ready kick it back and enjoy!
Alligator Sperm Shot
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Midori
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- .25 oz Heavy Cream
- Gather up the equipment and ingredients used to make the shot.
- Grab some ice and toss it into your cocktail shaker. It should be mostly full with ice.
- Grab your midori and use the jigger to measure 1 oz. Toss that into the shaker.
- Grab your pineapple juice and use the jigger to measure 1 oz. Toss that into the shaker.
- Take the shaker top and put it on. Shake it up for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Take the Hawthone strainer and replace the shaker top with it.
- Pour your drink from the shaker into the shot glass.
- Take your jigger and measure .25 oz of heavy cream.
- Put your bar spoon upside down over the top of the liquid in the shot glass and slowly pour the heavy cream over the back of the bar spoon.