This easy to make nuts and berries cocktail is jam-packed full of fruity and nutty flavors. This creamy cocktail is perfect for sipping as an after dinner dessert.
What is a Nuts and Berries Cocktail?
A nuts and berries cocktail is a drink that is a combination of frangelico, heavy cream and Chambord. It has a strong creamy hazelnut flavor with a hint of a raspberry jam flavor as it goes down.
The slightly sweet and creamy flavor is from the heavy cream. Additionally, the heavy cream helps to smooth out any bite from the alcohol.
The nutty flavor of the strength comes from the frangelico. Frangelico is a hazelnut-based liqueur that also has hints of vanilla, coffee and chocolate. It is 20% alcohol by volume.
The raspberry jam flavor in this drink comes from the Chambord. Chambord originated in France and is a black raspberry flavored liqueur with cognac mixed in.
When to Make This Drink:
With how easy and quick this is to make, it’s well suited for many different occasions such as:
- after dinner drinks
- afternoon sipping
- pre-dinner cocktail
- any celebration
So it’s best to make this drink the way that the ingredients and instructions call for below, there are a couple of options if you need to create a variation.
- Use a different cream. Although heavy cream will give the richest, sweetest and smoothest flavor it could be replaced with regular cream or even half and half or milk if you’re in a bind.
- substitute for Chambord. Though there isn’t quite another liqueur that tastes exactly like Chambord, if you’re in a pinch you could use a raspberry schnapps in its place.
How to make this drink:
With only three simple ingredients and no garnishes or glass rimming needed, this drink is super easy to mix up. Simply toss your ingredients together and give them a shake or stir.
- 2 oz Heavy cream
- 1 oz Chambord
- 1 oz Frangelico
To begin you must first gather your Chambord, frangelico, heavy cream, cocktail shaker, hawthorn strainer, rocks glass and ice.
Grab some ice and fill your rocks glass to the top.
note: You can mix this drink in two ways. One in the glass or two straight in the shaker.
The instructions below will be for mixing in the glass. However, if you want to mix it in the shaker you should also fill the shaker with ice and in the steps below deposit the ingredients into the shaker instead of the glass.
Grab your jigger and also grab your heavy cream. Go ahead and measure 2 oz of heavy cream and pour that into your glass over the ice.
Next, grab your Chambord as well as your jigger. Go ahead and measure 1 oz of chamboard and pour that into your glass with your heavy cream and ice.
Grab your frangelico and go ahead and measure 1 oz of frangelico with your jigger. Then, pour that into your glass with the heavy cream, Chambord and ice.
To mix the drink up, carefully toss the contents of your rocks glass into your shaker and then from your shaker back into your glass. Enjoy!
Nuts and Berries Cocktail
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 oz Frangelico
- 1 oz Chambord
- Gather together your ingredients and equipment.
- Fill your rocks glass up with ice.
- Use your jigger and measure up 2 oz of heavy cream. Add that to your rocks glass.
- Use your jigger and measure up 1 oz of Chambord. Add that to your rocks glass.
- Use your jigger and measure up 1 oz of Frangelico. Add that to your rocks glass.
- Grab your cocktail shaker and carefully pour the contents of the rocks glass into the shaker and then from the shaker back into the glass. This ensures the drink is mixed together.
- Also fill your shaker with ice.
- Measure your ingredients straight into the shaker.
- Top the shaker off and shake it well for 15 or so seconds.
- Remove the top and replace it with the Hawthorne strainer.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the rocks glass.