Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This fun, little saucy named shot is super easy to make. If you are looking for a fun, bright colored shot try out the blue balls shot. This shot is a tropical oasis and only takes a few ingredients tossed together. Try it out for your next summer get together.
What is a Blue Balls Shot?
A blue ball shot is a neon blue drink that tastes like a tropical island. It has strong notes of coconut from the coconut rum as well as a strong sweet peach flavor pm the backend. The peach is not overwhelming as it is smoothed out by the citrus flavor of the Blue Curacao and the sweet and sour mix.
The tropical flavor and bright color of this shot make it the perfect fit for fun summer celebrations whether it’s a day at the beach, sitting on your porch on the weekend or a pool party. The name of this shot also lends it to be a fun shot to do at bachelor and bachelorette parties.
If you love the tropical peach flavor of this you might also like the water moccasin shot
How to make this drink:
This shot takes just four simple ingredients tossed together. You can whip this one up in about two minutes or less.
- .75 oz Coconut Rum
- .75 Blue Curacao
- .75 Peach Schnapps
- .75 Sweet and Sour mix
- Splash of Sprite
Before you get started make sure you have your equipment and ingredients ready. Get together your jigger, shot glass, shaker, strainer, blue curacao, peach schnapps, rum, sweet and sour mix, and lemon-lime soda.
Grab some ice and toss it into your cocktail shaker. It should be filled almost to the top.
Now start measuring our your ingredients. Use your jigger to measure .75 ounces of blue curacao and toss that in your shaker.
Grab your peach schnapps and measure .75 oz with your jigger. Toss that into your shaker.
Grab your Coconut Rum and measure .75 oz with your jigger. Toss the rum into your shaker with the blue curacao and peach schnapps.
Grab your sweet and sour mix and measure .75 oz with your jigger. Toss the sweet and sour mix into your shaker with the other ingredients.
Add a splash of lemon-lime soda into your cocktail shaker. Then, put the top on it and shake it up. Don’t shake too vigorously or the soda will fizz up.
Take off the shaker top and add the strainer to the shaker. Then pour your shots into your shot glass.
Knock it back and enjoy!
Blue Balls Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz Coconut Rum
- .75 oz Blue Curacao
- .75 oz Peach Schnapps
- .75 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- splash Sprite or Lemon-Lime Soda
- Gather together your equipment and ingredients before starting.
- Fill up your cocktail shaker with ice almost to the top.
- Get your .75 oz of Coconut Rum by measuring it out with your jigger. Then pour it into your shaker.
- Get your .75 oz of Blue Curacao by measuring it out with your jigger. Then pour it into your shaker.
- Get your .75 oz of Peach Schnapps by measuring it out with your jigger. Then pour it into your shaker.
- Get your .75 oz of Sweet and Sour Mix by measuring it out with your jigger. Then pour it into your shaker.
- Toss in a splash of Sprite or other Lemon-Lime soda into your cocktail shaker.
- Carefully shake up the drink by putting the top on your shaker and gently shaking for 15 or so seconds.Note: don't shake too hard or your soda will fizz up.
- Remove the top and cover the shaker with the strainer.
- Pour your liquid into two shot glasses.
Leave a Reply