Wondering how you can add the flavor of Halloween straight into your next drink or dessert? Whip a batch of this super easy, super sweet and delicious candy corn simple syrup. It’s a bright orange color and bursting with candy corn flavor.
🥂What is Candy Corn Simple Syrup?
Candy corn simple syrup is a combination of equal ratios of candy corn and water melted together into a syrup. This delicious sweetener is perfect for adding to sweet breakfast dishes or Halloween themed drinks.
You’re likely familiar with the bright orange, yellow and white striped halloween-themed candy called candy corn. It’s filled with over the top sweetness that is slightly creamy with hints of marshmallow, honey and vanilla.
Whether you’ve collected more than you can possibly eat for the Halloween season or, perhaps you just want to use it in all the foods, turning it into a simple syrup to put on your desserts, breakfast and in your drinks is a great use.
Simple syrup itself is essentially just a liquid sweetener. It can easily be made into a variety of different flavors like this with candy or chocolate simple syrup or even fruits like strawberry simple syrup.
Simple syrup usually has sugar added in. However, due to the intense sweetness of candy corn, you do not need to add any sugar to this recipe. This is very similar to when you’re making honey simple syrup which also does not get it added sugar.
Here are a few reasons why you are sure to love this recipe:
- Halloween festivities. This is the perfect addition to any fall or halloween-themed festivity or event. It’s easy to make and can be added to a wide variety of different dishes and drinks.
- Easy and quick. Since this is only two ingredients it’s super easy to make. Especially considering one of the ingredients is water. All you have to do is simmer your two ingredients together for about 10 minutes.
- Sweet and versatile. This liquid sweetener is flavorful and full of sugar. It can be used on pancakes, waffles and milk, coffee or various other drinks and foods.
- Masher (optional)
- Wooden Spoon (or any long handle spoon)
- Mason jar or Small Pyrex
- Measuring Cup
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1 cup Water
Gather together your measuring cup, jar with lid, spoon, saucepan, candy corn and water.
Measure 1 cup of candy corn and place it into the saucepan.
Measure one cup of water and place it into the saucepan.
Place the pot on the stovetop at medium heat. Send me your mixture for around 10 minutes string frequently to help the candy corn melt.
Take the pot off the heat and pour your liquid into a Pyrex or jar with a lid. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours to allow it to thicken.
⭐How to Use
Though you can use this on pretty much anything you would like, if you need a few ideas check these out:
- Add it to cocktails. Replace regular simple syrup in any cocktail to add a candy corn flavor. This one might be nice to make as a candy corn martini.
- Make a mocktail. Again you can replace any simple syrup in a mocktail to make a candy corn flavor. You might try adding it to some soda water or seltzer water to have a fizzy candy corn soda.
- Flavored coffees and teas. Add 2 oz to your morning coffee for a quick and easy Halloween inspired drink. Or, you can add 2 oz to your favorite hot or cold tea.
- Candy corn milk. Take a full glass of milk and add 2 oz of the syrup to have a sweet, bright orange candy corn flavored milk.
- Drizzle it on breakfast. Add it to cinnamon rolls, French toast, waffles or pancakes. It’s the perfect Halloween themed maple syrup replacement.
- Use it and dessert. You can brush this on cake as a moistener and flavor additive between layers. Or, you can just let over ice cream or cookies.
There aren’t a ton of ways to change this one up, but if you’re looking for a few ideas test these out:
- Make a bigger or smaller batch. As long as you keep the ingredient ratios the same one to one ratio you can increase or decrease the amount you use in order to make more or less syrup. The current recipe given makes about 1.25 cups.
- Make it sweeter. Though I would do this with caution as candy corn itself is extremely sweet, you could add a little bit of sugar and if you wanted an extra, super sweet syrup.
💭 Top Tips & Storage
Make sure to follow these tips for success and maximum storage:
- Stir well. As you’re heating the syrup you want to make sure you stir almost continuously. It’s important to make sure that it heats evenly and helps the candy corn to melt well.
- Don’t let it boil. You can get it at a good simmer, but don’t let it get to a full rolling boil. This will help to ensure that It does not scald on the bottom.
- Store it properly. Keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a lid. It should stay good for 2 to 4 weeks.
- Freeze if necessary. If you won’t use it in 2 to 4 weeks, you can freeze it. Simply pour your syrup into an ice cube tray. Once it’s frozen, pop the cubes out and place them in the freezer bag.
Candy Corn Simple Syrup
- Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Masher optional
- Pyrex or Mason Jar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- Measure 1 cup of candy corn and add it to the saucepan.
- Measure 1 cup of water and add it to the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir regularly while heating.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a jar or pyrex.
- Put it into the fridge to cool off and thicken up.
- Stir frequently to help the candy corn melt and heat evenly.
- Do not fully boil the mixture; simmer only so it doesn’t scald.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
- If keeping for longer than 4 weeks, freeze in an ice cube tray.