Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a sweet and spicy cocktail that will kick in your face? Try out the Chuck Norris Shot. This is a bomb shot that is easy to make with just a few ingredients, but a big taste.
What is a Chuck Norris Shot?
A chuck norris shot is a bomb shot that has a sweet cherry flavor with a hint of red pepper spice from the hot sauce. It is made of grenadine, cherry vodka, red bull and hot sauce. The red bull adds a bit of a fizz to the overall drink. This shot is one that goes down extra smooth.
This bomb shot, like other bomb shots such as the Irish car bomb, is made by taking a shot glass filled with a type of liquor or liqueur and dropping it into a highball or Collins glass filled with (usually) beer or an energy drink. You then quickly chug the entire glass like you would when taking a shot.
This shot is not a standard cocktail and therefore, there are lots of different variations floating around. Here are a few other ways to make it:
- Use Liquid Ice instead of Red Bull
- Use 151, Grenadine, Hot sauce and Venegance
- Layer Sambuca, Jager, Absinthe and a few drops of hot sauce
However you make it, it is intended to be a kick in the mouth type shot that is either spicy or goes down so smooth you don’t know what has hit you…kind of like Chuck Norris.
If you like hot sauce in your cocktails, you may also enjoy the tequila boom boom shot.
When To Serve it
This is a shot that is best left for kind of raucous or informal parties and get togethers. Though, with the awesome taste, it might fit for other times also. Here are a few ideas:
- College Parties
- Late Night Hangouts
- Bachelor Parties
How to make this drink:
This shot is pretty easy to whip up with just 4 ingredients and no fglass rimming garnishes to deal with. The longest part of making this drink might be the part where you chug it. Either way, you can toss this one together in 3 minutes or less.
- Hot Sauce a few dashes
- 4 oz Red Bull (or other energy Drink)
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1 oz Grenadine
Get your cherry vodka, grenadine, red bull, hot sauce, jigger, bar spoon, shot glass and highball or collins glass gathered together.
Start by filling your highball or Collins glass about halfway with Red bull. That should be about half a can which is around 4 oz.
Next, use your jigger and measure out 1 oz of Grenadine. Dump the grenadine into your shot glass.
Then, use your jigger and measure out 2 oz of Cherry Vodka. Take your bar spoon and put it into the shot glass above the grenadine.
Slowly pour the cherry vodka over the bar spoon so that it sits on top of the grenadine.
Add a few dashes of hot sauce into your shot glass and then drop your shot glass into the highball glass and chug your shot.
Chuck Norris Shot
- highball glass
- shot glass
- bar spoon
- a few dashes Hot Sauce
- 4 oz Red Bull (or other energy drink)
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1 oz Grenadine
- Get your ingredients and supplies gathered up and ready to mix.
- Use about half of your red bull (should be around 4 oz) to fill your highball or collins glass about halfway up.
- Use your jigger to measure and pour 1 oz of grenadine into your shot glass.
- Layer your vodka on the grenadine by measuring 2 oz of cherry vodka with your jigger. Then, turn your bar spoon upside down just above the grenadine in the shot glass. And then slowly pour the cherry vodka over the bar spoon. The cherry vodka should sit on top of the grenadine.
- Toss a few dashes of hot sauce into your shot glass.
- Drop your shot glass into your highball glass with the red bull and chug your shot.