Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does crown Royal and Dr pepper taste good? Yes, crown Royal and Dr pepper is a sweet, spicy and fizzy drink you are sure to love.
What is a Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper?
Crown Royal and Dr pepper is sometimes called a Dr. Crown. This easy two ingredient highball is a fizzy and sweet drink filled with flavors such as caramel, cherry and vanilla. This cocktail is smooth and easy to drink.
Crown Royal is a Canadian whiskey. It is made by fermenting and distilling grain such as barley, rye and corn. The resulting liquid is then aged and oak barrels. (Source). Crown Royal is a very smooth slightly sweet liquor with flavor notes of vanilla, caramel and light fruitiness.
Dr pepper is a spicy soda that is coarse carbonated and fizzy. It’s 23 ingredient tagline comes from the fact that it has a complex flavor profile built for 23 different ingredients. Some of the strong flavors present and Dr pepper are cherry, vanilla, cloves and caramel.
Occasions to serve this drink
This drink is easy to make and easy to drink and therefore has a variety of situations it is well suited for including:
- birthday parties
- holiday parties
- afternoon sipping
If you’re looking for a couple ways to change this drink up, try one of these out:
- Use a different Dr pepper. Dr pepper comes in a large variety of variations such as diet, low calorie, caffeine-free and cherry flavored. Pick your favorite Dr pepper and use it to mix this drink.
- Create a citrus twist. Add a wedge of lemon or lime as a garnish to the drink. Then, as you sip your drink, squeeze the wedge into it creating a citrus twist flavor.
- Use a flavored crown Royal. Crown Royal actually comes in a variety of different flavors such as apple and vanilla. Try out one of the different flavors to change up the taste of this cocktail.
How to make this drink:
This drink can be whipped up in 2 minutes or so. It’s a super simple cocktail that only needs two ingredients. All you have to do to make this one is toss your ingredients in your glass and use a spoon to stir them.
- 2 oz Crown Royal
- 4 oz Dr. Pepper
Get started by and sharing you have everything necessary for your drink including jigger, bar spoon, highball glass, ice, crown Royal and Dr pepper.
Grab a couple handfuls of ice and toss them into your highball glass. The highball glass should be almost filled to the top with ice.
Grab your crown Royal as well as your jigger. Use the jigger and measure out 2 oz of crown Royal. Then pour the crown Royal over the ice into the glass.
Grab the Dr pepper as well as the jigger. Use a jigger and measure out 4 oz of Dr pepper. Then, pour the Dr pepper over the ice into the glass with the crown Royal.
Note: In this step, you can forgo the measuring if desired. If you choose to do so, simply take the Dr pepper and pour it directly into the glass until the glass is almost full.
Lastly, you need to make sure that you are drink is mixed together. To do this, use your bar spoon. Insert the spoon into the glass and give it a good couple stirs.
Alternative, you can carefully pour the drink from the glass into a cocktail shaker. And then from the cocktail shaker back into the glass.
Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Crown Royal
- 4 oz Dr. Pepper
- Ensure that you have gathered all of the ingredients and equipment listed above.
- Use the ice and fill the glass until it is almost filled to the top.
- Take the jigger and crown royal. Measure 2 oz of crown royal and toss it into the glass.
- Take the jigger and Dr. Pepper Measure 4 oz of Dr. Pepper and toss it into the glass.Alternatively, you can skip measuring the soda and just pour it directly into the glass. It should be almost filled to the top.
- To mix the drink up, there are two ways.1) Shaker: Gently toss the drink from the glass into the shaker. Then, from the shaker to the glass.2) Bar spoon: Use the bar spoon to give the drink a few good stirs.