Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does Southern comfort and Dr pepper taste good? Yes, Southern comfort and Dr pepper is a fizzy, sweet and slightly spicy very smooth cocktail to drive.
What is a Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper?
A southern comfort and Dr pepper cocktail is sometimes known as a Dr Comfort, a Dr SoCo, or a Southern doctor. This easy two ingredient highball is a fizzy, sweet and slightly spicy drink that is super easy to sip.
Southern comfort is a gold-ish colored liqueur. It’s base spirit is whiskey. This liqueur is sometimes called SoCo. Then, there are added fruits and other spices to enhance the flavor. It has a sweet and a smooth flavor filled with undertones of caramel, fruit juices such as cherry and spices such as vanilla and cinnamon.
Dr pepper is a type of soda. Of course, being a soda it is carbonated and fizzy. Dr Pepper’s tagline is that it is made up of 23 ingredients which lends to its complex sweet and spicy flavor. Some of the flavors that are highlighted in Dr pepper are cherry, clothes, vanilla and caramel.
Occasions to mix this drink
This drink with it’s easy, smooth and sweet flavor is well suited to a variety of different occasions including:
- informal get togethers
- Holiday parties
- barbecues or somer celebrations
If you’re looking to spice or twist this drink up a little, here are a few ways to do it.
- And make it with a twist. Using a lemon or lime wedge is garnish, You can squeeze your wedge into the drink as you sip it adding a citrus twist to the cocktail.
- Change up the Dr pepper. There are a wide variety of different Dr peppers such as caffeine free, low calorie or diet, or even cherry flavored. Pick your favorite Dr pepper to mix with this cocktail.
Some similar Dr. Pepper drinks include: Fireball and Dr. Pepper, Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper.
How to make this drink:
This easy two ingredient highball is super simple to mix up. You only need about 2 minutes to make this drink. Simply toss all your ingredients in your glass and give them a good stir.
- 2 oz Southern Comfort
- 4 oz Dr. Pepper
Start out by making sure you have everything you need to make this drink including a highball glass, bar spoon, jigger, Dr pepper, ice and southern comfort.
Grab up your ice and use it to fill your glass almost to the top.
Grab up your jigger and your Southern comfort. Using your jigger measure out 2 oz of Southern comfort. Then, dump the southern comfort into your highball glass over the ice.
Grab up your jigger and your Dr pepper. Using your jigger, measure out 4 oz of Dr pepper. Then, dump the Dr pepper into your highball glass with the ice and southern comfort.
note: for adding your Dr pepper, you can choose to not measure it with the jigger. If you choose this route, simply pour the Dr pepper straight into the glass until the glass is almost filled to the top. This may end up being a little more than 4 oz of Dr pepper which will temper the flavor of the southern comfort some.
Finally, you need to get your drink mixed up. Use your bar spoon and insert it into the side of the glass. Then, give it a few good stirs to make sure everything is well mixed.
Instead of using a spoon, you could use a cocktail shaker also. Just carefully toss the drink from the glass to the shaker and then back into the glass.
Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Southern Comfort
- 4 oz Dr. Pepper
- Get started by making sure you have everything needed to make this drink.
- Use the ice and fill the highball glass almost to the top.
- Use the jigger and measure out 2 oz of southern comfort. Then, pour that into the glass.
- Use the jigger and measure out 4 oz of dr. pepper. Then, pour that into the glass.Alternatively, you can just pour the dr. pepper straight into the glass without measuring it. Just make sure to top the glass off.
- Finally, make sure the drink is well mixed by using a shaker or bar spoon.1) To use the bar spoon: Place it into the glass and stir well.2) To use the shaker: Gently pour the drink from the glass to the shaker and back to the glass.
Leave a Reply