Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does fireball taste good with Dr pepper? The answer is a resounding yes! Fireball and Dr pepper is an easy two ingredient highball cocktail that has a lot of fizz and a lot of cinnamon flavor.
What is a Fireball and Dr. Pepper?
A fireball in Dr pepper sometimes called a fire pepper is an easy to ingredient highball that is a combination of fireball whiskey and Dr pepper soda. The resulting cocktail is a complex, fizzy and sweet drink with the spice of Dr pepper and cinnamon bite from the whiskey. It tastes similar to a sweet red-hot.
Fireball whiskey, not surprisingly, is a type of whiskey. This drink have a Canadian whiskey base and it’s infused with sweetener and cinnamon flavors. The resulting drink has a very hot cinnamon spice as well as a caramel flavor from the whiskey. It tastes very similar to the red hot fireball candies.
Dr pepper is a type of soda that totes it is made of 23 ingredients. Since it is a soda, it is of course carbonated and fizzy. It has a strong cherry flavor followed by a variety of different spices such as vanilla, amaretto and cinnamon. It has a strong cherry flavor followed by a variety of different spices such as vanilla, amaretto and cloves.
Occasions to serve this drink
This drink is so easy to make and has taste most anyone are sure to love. Therefore, it is well suited for a wide variety of serving times such as:
- evening drinks
- holiday parties
- informal get togethers
- birthday celebrations
If you’re looking to spice this drink up even a little more, here are a few things to try.
- Add a citrus twist. Use a lemon or lime garnish for your drink. And as you’re sipping squeeze the wedge into your drink to add a citrus twist. If you choose this route, lime is a favorite in our household.
- Make it a dirty Dr pepper. Add in a splash of amaretto and you have a dirty Dr pepper.
- Use a different cinnamon flavored liquor. Though fireball is a perfect combination of cinnamon and caramel from the whiskey, if you’re just looking for the cinnamon flavor you can use a different cinnamon flavored liqueur like goldschläger.
- Change up the Dr pepper. Dr pepper comes in various types such as diet, caffeine-free and even cherry flavored. Use a different type of Dr pepper to either change up the taste of the drink or meet caffeine or calorie needs.
How to make this drink:
This is one of the easiest cocktails to mix up. It is simple two ingredient highball. All you need to do is toss your ingredients into a glass and give them a stir.
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Dr. Pepper
As you begin, make sure you have everything needed to make this drink including a jigger, bar spoon, ice, highball glass, fireball and Dr pepper.
Grab your ice and use it to fill your glass. The glass should be filled almost to the top.
Grab your jigger as well as your fireball whiskey. Use your jigger and measure out 2 oz of fireball. Then, toss the fireball into your highball glass over the ice.
Grab your jigger as well as your Dr pepper. Use your jigger and measure out 4 oz of Dr pepper. Then, toss the Dr pepper into your highball glass with the fireball and ice.
note: instead of measuring the Dr pepper, you can just simply pour it straight into the glass. If you do this, fill the glass almost to the top with Dr pepper.
Of note, typically it’ll end up being a little more than 4 oz when added which may dampen the strong cinnamon flavor of the fireball a little.
Finally, you need to make sure your drink is well mixed. Take your bar spoon and insert it into your glass. Give your drink a good couple stirs so that everything is mixed together.
Or, you can gently pour the cocktail from the glass into the shaker. And then back into the glass.
Fireball and Dr. Pepper
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Coke
- Make sure you have everything listed in the equipment and ingredients above.
- Take your glass and fill it almost completely to the top with ice
- Take your jigger and measure out 2 oz of Fireball. Then, dump the Fireball into the glass.
- Take your jigger and measure out 4 oz of Coke. Then, dump the coke into the glass.Note: you can also simply use the coke to top the glass off instead of measuring it out.
- To mix everything together, you can use a bar spoon or a shaker.1) Barspoon: Stick it into the glass and stir well.2) Shaker: Carefully pour everything from the glass into the shaker and then from the shaker back into the glass.