Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This super creamy eggnog martini is the perfect sweet dessert drink addition to the Winter holidays. With only three ingredients this one is easy to make as a single serve or a big batch for holiday get togethers.
What is an Eggnog Martini?
An eggnog martini is a creamy and sweet eggnog based drink combined with vanilla vodka and amaretto. This martini is super easy to throw together as you need only three ingredients and about 5 minutes to make it. This one is great for any winter holiday occasion.
Vanilla vodka is a vodka-based liquor that is infused with vanilla beans for a vanilla flavor. Regular vodka is a clear somewhat tasteless liquor that is made by distilling grains such as rye, wheat or potatoes.
Amaretto is a liqueur that originated in Italy. It has a sweet flavor with a bitter bite to it. It is made from apricot or peach pits typically. And it is known for having an almond flavor as well. It’s a lower alcohol content liqueur at around 25 to 28% alcohol by volume depending on the brand.
Eggnog, what you may already feel familiar with, is a thick sweet custard-like drink. It is made with eggs, sugar, vanilla and cream. Sugar, vanilla, milk and cream.
When to make this drink
This thick, sweet and decadent martini is a perfect dessert drink for several occasions such as:
- Christmas Eve drinks
- drinks while trimming the Christmas tree
- New Year’s Eve drink
- after dinner drinks for any winter holiday parties
Though this martini is super tasty as is, here are a few ways to make it a little differently if desired:
- use regular vodka. The vanilla vodka certainly adds a little omph to this drink, but if you want to use regular vodka it works equally well.
- use cinnamon vodka. Cinnamon is commonly sprinkled on the top of eggnog, it’s a good flavor mix for this drink. So if you want to dial that flavor up a little try out cinnamon vodka.
- add a splash of cinnamon schnapps. Again on the cinnamon flavor mixing, dry out just a splash of cinnamon schnapps such as goldschlager to give an extra cinnamon flavor to this drink.
- Make your own eggnog. You can use the store-bought eggnog in this recipe or you can whip up some on your own. Making your own eggnog is especially important if it’s not during holiday season as eggnog is not typically available year-round in the store.
- Rim your glass. For this one garnishes are optional. In the instructions below we include an optional nutmeg or cinnamon garnish simply sprinkled on the top of your cocktail. However, if you want a slightly more fancy looking drink, you can rim your glass with nutmeg or even a cinnamon sugar.
- Make it by the pitcher. With how easy this Martini is to make, you can make it by the pitcher full instead of single serving if you’re serving it at a party. Simply multiply your ingredients by 5 or 6 times.
How to make this drink:
This is super easy three-ingredient martini can be tossed together in a cocktail shaker in 5 minutes or less. Additionally, you can make it as a single serving as listed below or simply multiply ingredients by 5 or 6 times to make a pitcher full.
- 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 2 oz Eggnog
Get everything you need to make this drink gathered up including a martini glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, eggnog, vanilla vodka and amaretto.
Take your ice and fill your cocktail shaker almost to the top with it.
Take your jigger and vanilla vodka. Measure 1 and ½ oz with your jigger and pour the vanilla vodka into your cocktail shaker.
Take your jigger and amaretto. Measure 1 oz of amaretto with your jigger and pour the amaretto into your cocktail shaker.
Take your jigger and eggnog. Measure 2 oz of eggnog with your jigger and pour the eggnog into your cocktail shaker with ice, amaretto and vanilla vodka.
Go ahead and place the top on your cocktail shaker and shake it well. The outside of the shaker should be cold to the touch when finished. This usually takes 15 to 30 seconds.
Remove your shaker top and place the Hawthorne strainer over the top of your shaker. Then, pour your drink into your martini glass.
As an optional garnish you can sprinkle some nutmeg or cinnamon over the top of your martini. Or, you can even use a cinnamon stick in a side of the glass.
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 2 oz Eggnog
- Gather up your martini glass, eggnog, amaretto, jigger, shaker, vanilla vodka and hawthorne strainer.
- Put your martini glass in the freezer to chill.
- Grab some ice and fill your shaker almost to the top with it.
- Use your jigger and measure 2 oz of eggnog. Add the eggnog to your shaker.
- Use your jigger and measure 1.5 oz of vanilla vodka. Add the vanilla vodka to your shaker.
- Use your jigger and measure 1 oz of amaretto. Add the amaretto to your shaker.
- Cover your shaker with the lid and shake it up well. The outside of the shaker should be cold to the touch.
- Take the lid off of your shaker and replace it with the hawthorne strainer. Pour your drink into your chilled martini glass and enjoy!