Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is fireball and eggnog good? Absolutely yes! Fireball and eggnog is a spicy, creamy rich drink that is perfect for any winter occasion. So easy to mix up and tastes so good.
What is a fireball and eggnog?
Fireball and eggnog, sometimes called a firenog, Is one of the most delicious eggnog cocktails of all. It is a simple mix of fireball which is a cinnamon whiskey and the creamy, thick richness of eggnog. The resulting cocktail is decadent, sweet and also has a strong cinnamon kick all the way down.
Fireball is a cinnamon flavored whiskey. It is made from a base of Canadian whiskey that is then mixed with cinnamon flavors and other sweeteners. It is an extremely spicy yet smooth liquor. It is 33% alcohol by volume.
Eggnog is made from combining eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla together. It is a very thick and rich drink that is typically consumed during the winter time. It has almost a custard like flavor.
When to make it
This drink is fantastic for sipping at a multitude of different occasions such as:
- Any Christmas festivities such as:
- putting up Christmas lights
- wrapping presents
- writing Christmas cards
- Christmas parties
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve parties
- Winter holiday get togethers
- Sipping by the fire during winter nights
How to make this drink:
This super easy two ingredient drink can be whipped up in just a few minutes. If you are making it for a party, you can multiply the ingredients by 5 or 6 (or more) to make a whole pitcher.
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 oz Eggnog
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg
Get started by gathering your glass, bar spoon, jigger, fireball, eggnog and cinnamon or nutmeg.
Note: You can use either a rocks glass or a highball glass for this cocktail. Either works well.
Pro tip: to mix this drink, you can do it in a cocktail shaker or straight in the glass. The instructions below will detail mixing in your glass.
The cocktail shaker method is just as easy as you fill the shaker with ice, add your liquid ingredients to the shaker, put the top on the shaker and shake well. And use a Hawthorne strainer to pour it into your glass.
Grab up your glass and fill it almost completely with ice.
Grab up your fireball and use your jigger to measure 2 oz of fireball. Slowly pour your fireball from the jigger into your glass with your ice.
Grab up your eggnog and use your jigger to measure 4 oz of eggnog. Slowly pour your eggnog from the jigger into your glass with the fireball and ice.
To make this cocktail with a heavier eggnog flavor/lighter fireball flavor: You can either add a little more eggnog to the top of your glass or dial the amount of fireball back to 1 or 1 and ½ oz.
Grab your bar spoon and place it into your glass. Carefully stir your eggnog and fireball together until they are thoroughly mixed.
Last up is to add a few dashes of either cinnamon or nutmeg to the top of your cocktail. After adding your spice, you can either give your drink another stir or two or get right to sipping.
Fireball and Eggnog
- bar spoon
- highball glass or rocks glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz fireball
- 4 oz eggnog
- cinnamon or nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Start out by getting everything you need for you drink gathered together.Note: you can mix this one straight in the glass as explained below, or you can mix it all together in a cocktail shaker.
- Take some ice and use it to fill your glass almost to the top.Note: either a rocks or highball glass work for this drink.
- Take your fireball and jigger and measure 2 oz of fireball. Toss the fireball into your glass.
- Take your eggnog and jigger and measure 4 oz of eggnog. Toss the eggnog into your glass.
- Take your bar spoon and use it to thoroughly mix together your drink.
- Grab either cinnamon or nutmeg (whichever you prefer) and sprinkle several dashes on top of the drink.