Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does vodka taste good with eggnog? Yes, vodka and eggnog is a delicious, creamy decadent drink combination. This cocktail is perfect for Christmas and other winter holiday celebrations.
What is a Vodka and Eggnog?
Vodka and eggnog Is a cocktail with strong taste of the creamy, rich eggnog flavor tailed by the strong bite of vodka on the back end. This simple two ingredient cocktail is so easy to make and perfect for holiday parties.
Vodka is a liquor that is clear in color and is typically made by distilling either potatoes or grains. It doesn’t have a particularly easy to describe flavor it flavor is mostly a strong spicy bite as it goes down.
Although, you can get vodka in many different flavor variations now and those do tend to carry the flavor that they’re branded as.
Eggnog is a drink comprised of cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and eggs. It has a creamy and very rich almost custard like flavor and thickness.
You can make this drink with regular vodka and store-bought eggnog. Or, you can try out some of these flavor variations to mix your cocktails up just a little bit:
- Use cinnamon vodka: using cinnamon vodka gives an extra cinnamon flavor to mix with your creamy eggnog.
- Use vanilla vodka: using vanilla vodka adds an extra little vanilla flavor thing with the eggnog which is a perfect flavor combination.
- Make it an eggnog martini: use vanilla vodka and add in amaretto as well. Put your drink in a martini glass and you’ll have an eggnog martini.
- Make your own eggnog: instead of buying eggnog, make your own creamy eggnog. Making your own is cheaper and also means you can have this at any time of the year.
When to make this drink
Vodka and eggnog is a creamy and decadent drink perfect for many different celebrations and festivities. Here are a few occasions you might want to try it for:
- Christmas parties
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve parties
- Winter holiday celebrations
How to make this drink:
With only two ingredients this drink is so easy to make all you have to do is toss your two ingredients together and store them up. Additionally, if you want to make a whole picture of cocktails just multiply the ingredients by 5 or 6.
- 2 oz Vodka (vanilla, cinnamon or regular)
- 4 oz Eggnog
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg
Before getting started make sure that you have your glass, jigger, bar spoon, vodka of choice, eggnog and cinnamon or nutmeg ready to go.
Note: for this drink you can use either a highball or a rocks glass. Either glass works just fine.
Pro tip: there are two ways to mix this drink. You can do it straight in your highball glass like the instructions below or you can use a cocktail shaker.
First, go ahead and fill your highball or rocks glass almost to the top with ice.
Next, grab your jigger and measure 2 oz of vodka. Then, pour your vodka into your glass over your ice.
Use your jigger again and measure 4 oz of eggnog. Then, pour your eggnog into your glass with your vodka and your ice.
Take your bar spoon and use it to thoroughly mix your vodka and eggnog together.
Take your cinnamon or nutmeg and add several dashes to the top of your drink. You can either give it a little stir or you can start drinking straight away.
Vodka and Eggnog
- highball glass or rocks glass
- bar spoon
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz eggnog
- cinnamon or nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Start by making sure you have all your supplies and ingredients gathered together.Note: To mix this drink you can use a cocktail shaker or mix it straight in your glass. Instructions for mixing in your glass will be listed step by step below.If you want to use a cocktail shaker: Fill shaker with ice, Add each ingredient to your shaker, shake well, place hawthorne strainer on shaker and pour drink into glass.
- Fill your glass almost to the top with ice.Note: For this drink you can use either a highball or a rocks glass.
- Grab your jigger and vodka and measure 2 oz of vodka. Dump the vodka into your glass.
- Grab your jigger and eggnog and measure 4 oz of eggnog. Dump the eggnog into your glass.
- Grab your bar spoon and mix your drink together well.
- Add a few dashes of cinnamon or nutmeg on top of your drink and enjoy!