Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Is Fireball good with coffee? The answer is a resounding yes! Fireball and coffee is a spicy, warm and delicious alcohol infused drink you won’t want to miss.
What is a Fireball Coffee?
A fireball coffee is very simply a two-ingredient cocktail comprised of a couple ounces of Fireball mixed with hot coffee. It tastes like you’ve melted a handful of red hots into your coffee.
The alcohol in this drink comes from the fireball. Fireball is a type of cinnamon flavored whiskey liqueur.
Fireball is made of sweeteners, cinnamon flavors and Canadian whiskey. It is a lower alcohol content drink at around 33% alcohol by volume.
When you select your coffee to use in this cocktail, we highly recommend using a strong and high quality coffee bean. You can use any type of brewing method you prefer.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is quite versatile. Some occasions you might think about serving it during are:
- after dinner drinks
- cool nights
- cocktail hour
If you’re looking for a few ideas to change this drink up, test out a few of these:
- Make it decaf. Whether you want to service later in the day or perhaps you’re eliminating caffeine from your diet, use decaf coffee instead of caffeinated.
- Add a little cream. If you want to make this a creamier sweeter drink add a dash of half and half, heavy cream or even Bailey’s Irish cream.
- Use a flavored coffee. Though we prefer an unflavored coffee so the fireball flavor really stands out, you can use a flavored coffee such as cinnamon flavored or hazelnut flavored coffee.
- Cool it down. Perhaps you would like to serve this during warm weather. Then, you can cool your coffee off and serve this drink over ice in the glass. Or even make it a frozen drink by blending the ice with the ingredients.
- Add in some flavored liqueur. Try out butterscotch schnapps, peppermint schnapps or any other flavored liqueurs that you think might as well with a cinnamon flavor
- Add a simple syrup. Give it an extra sweet, spicy kick with an ounce of cinnamon simple syrup.
How to make this drink:
The part that will take the longest when making this drink is brewing the coffee. After your coffee is brewed really all you have to do is toss in some fireball and give it a stir.
- 2 oz Fireball
- 4 – 5 oz Coffee
As you start out make sure you’ve gathered up your fireball whiskey, coffee mug, bar spoon (if desired), coffee and jigger.
Get a pot or cup of coffee brewed up using your favorite brewing method.
Grab the fireball whiskey. Using the jigger measure out 2 oz of Fireball and pour it into the coffee mug.
Grab the hot coffee. Using the jigger measure out 4 to 5 oz of hot coffee and pour it into the coffee mug.
Pro tip: instead of using the jigger to measure the hot coffee, you can simply pour the coffee directly into the mug topping the mug off.
These last two items are optional. If desired, use a bar spoon to lightly stir your drink together well.
If you’d like to add a garnish, add a large dollop of whipped cream to the top of the drink.
- Coffee Mug
- Coffee Pot
- 2 oz Fireball Whiskey
- 4 – 5 oz Hot coffee
- Brew up a pot of hot coffee. Use any brewing method that you prefer.
- Grab the fireball and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of fireball and dump it in the mug.
- Grab the coffee and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 – 5 oz of coffee and dump it in the mug.note: if desired, you can pour the coffee into the mug and top if off instead of using the jigger.
- (optional) Use a bar spoon to stir your drink together.