Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does RumChata and coffee go good together? Absolutely they do. RumChata and coffee is delicious served either hot or cold.
What is a Rumchata Coffee?
A RumChata coffee is either hot or iced coffee mixed with a shot of RumChata. The resulting drink tastes like coffee with a sweet and spicy cinnamon creamer out to it. This drink can be made even more decadent by adding a big dollop of whipped cream on top.
RumChata is a slightly sweet, creamy and cinnamon flavored liqueur. It is made from rum, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cream. It’s a lower alcohol percentage at around 15% alcohol by volume. Rumchata drinks are commonly served more as a dessert drink due to their sweet, creamy flavor.
For this cocktail you can choose your favorite coffee, brewed whichever way you prefer. We recommend a high quality coffee that is not flavored. This way you can really enjoy the added flavors of the RumChata without any masking from the coffee.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is pretty versatile and can be used for a wide range of occasions including:
- Brunch cocktails
- Winter holidays
- After dinner drinks
- Date nights
With only two ingredients, there aren’t a ton of things to change in this one. However, here are a few things you can do to mix it up:
- Use cold brew. Instead of using a hot coffee freshly brewed, buy some cold brew from the store and use that to make an iced version of this drink.
- Make it iced. Brew your own fresh hot coffee, but add some ice to your glass so that you have an iced coffee instead of a hot coffee.
- Use decaf. If you want to make this in the evening, or perhaps you aren’t a caffeine drinker. You can use decaf coffee and still get a decadent coffee drink.
- Add a garnish. Make this one even more decadent by adding a garnish such as whipped cream or some nutmeg or cinnamon on top.
Some similar coffee drinks include: Fireball coffee, Irish coffee and frangelico coffee.
How to make this drink:
With two super simple ingredients, this cocktail can be whipped up and under 2 minutes. All you have to do is pour some rumchata in your mug and top it off with coffee.
- 6 oz Coffee (hot or iced)
- 2 oz Rumchata
- Top with whipped cream
Get started by making sure you have everything necessary for your drink including jigger, mug or rocks glass, bar spoon, coffee, RumChata and ice ( if making an iced coffee)
We really like a warm drink, so the instructions below will be with hot coffee. However, if you want to make this an iced coffee make sure to throw some ice in your glass before you get started.
Grab your jigger and cup. Measure out 2 oz of RumChata and toss it into the mug.
Grab your jigger and coffee. Measure out around 6 oz of coffee and toss it into the mug with the RumChata.
Pro tip: if you’d like to skip measuring the coffee you can. To do this, simply pour the coffee directly into the mug until it is filled.
Because you’re adding so much coffee, this drink pretty much mixes itself. However, if you want to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed you can use a bar spoon to mix things well now.
Additionally, if you’d like to add a garnish now is the time to do so. Put a big dollop of whipped cream on top of the drink.
- bar spoon
- Coffee Mug
- 6 oz Hot coffee
- 2 oz Rumchata
- whipped cream optional garnish
- Use your favorite brewing method to brew a pot of coffee.
- Take the rumchata and measure 2 oz with the jigger. Pour the rumchata into the coffee mug.
- Take the coffee and measure 6 oz with the jigger. Pour the coffee into the coffee mug.note: instead of measuring the coffee, you can pour it straight into the mug if desired. Just top the mug off with it.
- If desired, add a large dollop of whipped cream on top.
Leave a Reply