Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does disaronno taste good in coffee? The answer is absolutely yes! Amaretto coffee is a warm, nutty spiked coffee drink you are sure to enjoy.
What is an Amaretto Coffee?
An amaretto coffee is a combination of heavy cream, hot coffee and amaretto liqueur. The resulting drink tastes slightly nutty and has a hint of sweet cherry. It’s tastes like a coffee dessert.
This sweet dessert like hot coffee cocktail is similar to the Carajillo, spiced rum coffee and Bailey’s and coffee.
The heavy cream in this coffee cocktail adds a sweet creaminess. It essentially acts like a little bit of creamer in the coffee.
The coffee in this cocktail is the star of the show. You can use any brewing method you prefer, but we recommend using a high quality, strong coffee.
Amaretto is a type of liqueur that is typically made from the pits of a stone fruit such as apricots. It has a slightly bitter, yet sweet nutty flavor with undertones of vanilla and cherry.
When to Make This Drink:
This warm cocktail is well suited for occasions that include:
- fall celebrations
- winter holidays
- after dinner drinks
Want to change a few things in this drink up? Try a few of these ideas out:
- Use a flavored coffee. Try out a flavor such as vanilla or even hazelnut to add a little more flavor to this drink.
- Make it decaf. Try using decaffeinated coffee especially if you want to serve this one in the evening.
- Make it dairy-free. Add almond milk, oat milk or any other type of dairy-free milk.
- Add little sweetness. Use a flavored simple syrup such as vanilla simple syrup. Or, you can use plain simple syrup, sugar or brown sugar.
- Try it iced. Cool your coffee off and then serve this drink in a rock’s glass over ice.
How to make this drink:
The thing that will take the longest when making this drink is brewing your coffee. However, once that’s done you only need a few minutes to toss everything together and stir them up.
- 2 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 4 – 5 oz Coffee
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
Gather together everything necessary to make this cocktail including mug, hot coffee, amaretto, heavy cream, whipped cream, bar spoon and a jigger.
Pick your favorite brewing method and brew up a pot of hot coffee.
Snatch up.your amaretto and jigger. Measure out 2 oz of amaretto and pour it in the mug.
Snatch up the heavy cream and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of heavy cream and pour it in the mug.
Snatch up the hot coffee and jigger. Measure out 4 to 5 oz of hot coffee and pour it in the mug.
Pro tip: Don’t measure the coffee, simply pour it directly into the mug to fill the mug up.
If desired, take a bar spoon and stir things together then add a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Coffee Mug
- Coffee Pot
- 2 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
- 4 – 5 oz Coffee
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Make a pot of coffee with your favorite brewing method.
- Take the Amaretto. Measure 2 oz using the jigger and dump the amaretto in the mug.
- Take the heavy cream. Measure 1 oz using the jigger and dump the heavy cream in the mug.
- Take the coffee. Measure 4 – 5 oz using the jigger and dump the coffee in the mug.Tip: you can pour the coffee straight into the mug to top it off instead of using the jigger, if desired.
- If desired, add a large spot of whipped cream on top.
Leave a Reply