Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This Landshark drink is super easy to make and has a beautiful pink color. This refreshing cocktail has actual bits of real fruit making it sweet and fruity.
What is a Landshark Drink?
A landshark drink is a combination of vodka, orange juice, simple syrup, a strawberry, lime juice and peach schnapps. The bright pink cocktail has a strong sweet peach flavor mixed with strawberry and orange juice and it is very smooth going down.
Vodka is known for being a neutral flavored liquor. It is clear in color so it doesn’t affect the color of the other ingredients in a cocktail. When used in this cocktail you can barely taste the vodka, it really just adds alcohol content.
Peach schnapps is a clear schnapps. Schnapps itself is a relatively neutral tasting base spirit. Peach schnapps is very sweet and has a strong peach flavor.
When choosing an orange juice to use in this cocktail, try to get it as fresh as possible. Additionally, pulp free is best so that you have a smooth textured drink.
For the lime juice, you can use store-bought or squeeze your own. Either work equally well.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink has a light, fruity refreshing flavor and it makes it perfect for hot occasions including:
- date nights
- 4th of July
- pool parties
- sipping beachside
If you’re looking for ways to change up the ingredients in this drink, try some of these out:
- Try strawberry syrup. Replace the simple syrup and muddled strawberry for actual strawberry syrup. We like to use the muddled strawberry and simple syrup so that you get actual fruit pieces in the drink, but strawberry syrup also imparts that sweet strawberry flavor.
- Use a flavored vodka. We like to use regular vodka in this one, but flavored vodka can really help accentuate some of the other flavors that stand out in the drink. Good ones to choose would be strawberry vodka or peach vodka. You could even try a citrus vodka which would be good with the other flavors in this cocktail.
- Squeeze your own orange juice. With the fresh strawberries muddled in this drink, super fresh hand squeezed orange juice would really ramp up the fresh refreshing flavor.
How to make this drink:
This drink is relatively easy to make, you do have to spend a couple extra seconds to muddle your strawberry, but the fresh strawberry pieces are well worth it.
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- .25 oz Strawberry syrup
- .25 oz Lime juice
- .25 oz Peach schnapps
As you begin, make sure you have everything necessary for the drink including simple syrup, peach schnapps, vodka, lime juice, rocks glass, orange juice, strawberry, jigger, shaker, Hawthorne strainer and ice.
Grab your rocks glass and your ice. Use your ice to fill your glass almost to the top.
Slice up 1 to 2 strawberries and toss them in the bottom of your shaker.
Using your jigger, measure 0.25 oz of simple syrup. Toss this in the shaker with your sliced strawberries.
Take your muddler and place it in the shaker. Smash the strawberries and simple syrup together. It should be paste like when finished.
Using your jigger measure 1 oz of vodka. Toss that in the shaker.
Using your jigger, measure 0.25 oz of lime juice. Toss that in the shaker.
Using your jigger, measure one ounce of orange juice. Toss that in the shaker.
Using your jigger, measure 0.25 oz of peach schnapps. Toss that in the shaker.
Put the top onto your shaker. Then, shake it until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and icy to the touch. This usually takes around 15 to 20 seconds.
Remove the top of your shaker. Then, pour your drink from the shaker into your glass.
If you prefer to keep the strawberry pieces out of the drink, place the Hawthorne strainer over the shaker and strain the liquid from the shaker into the glass.
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Rocks glass
- 1 oz 1 oz Vodka1 oz Orange Juice.25 oz Strawberry syrup.25 oz Lime juice.25 oz Peach schnapps
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- .25 oz Simple Syrup & one strawberry or strawberry syrup
- .25 oz Lime juice
- .25 oz Peach Schnapps
- Fill your rocks glass almost to the top with ice.
- Toss your strawberry into the cocktail shaker.
- Measure out .25 oz of simple syrup with the jigger and add that to the shaker.
- Use the muddler to smash the strawberry in with the syrup.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 oz of Vodka. Add that to the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 oz of Orange Juice. Add that to the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .25 oz of Lime juice. Add that to the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .25 oz of Peach Schnapps. Add that to the shaker.
- Put the top on the shaker and shake for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Remove the shaker top.
- Put the strainer on the shaker and pour the drink from the shaker into the glass.