Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you loved to eat the creamy, sweet orange flavored creamsicle popsicles when you were a child, then you must try out this orange creamsicle shot. The shot is full of that nostalgic sweet flavor.
What is an Orange Creamsicle Shot?
An orange creamsicle shot is a combination of orange vodka, whipped cream vodka, sweetened condensed milk and orange soda. This bright orange shot tastes just like orange creamsicles. It is full of sweet, creamy orange flavor.
Orange vodka is a clear liquor. It is made from a base of vodka which is made by fermenting and distilling grains. Then, a sweet, orange flavor is added to the base vodka.
Whipped cream vodka is also a clear liquor. This vodka has a light sweet and creamy flavor.
Orange soda adds a very sweet orange flavor to this shot. It also lends its signature bright orange color and a little bit of carbonated fizz.
Sweetened condensed milk is a very thick milk product where the water has been removed from milk. Then sugar or other sweetener is added in. It is thick, creamy and very sweet.
Occasions to make this drink
With its bright color and sweet flavor, this shot can be served up out of a variety of times including:
- spring and summer parties
- birthday celebrations
- Dessert drinks
- poolside parties
Possible shot variations
Whether you’re missing an ingredient or you just want to change things up a little, here are a few ways to vary this drink:
- Substitute the sweetened condensed milk. You could add an Irish cream like Bailey’s in place of the sweetened condensed milk to still get that creamy sweet flavor.
- Make it frozen. Add a little vanilla ice cream and stick this one in the blender if you’d like a frozen version.
- Substitute the orange soda. If you don’t like the sweetness or fizz of orange soda, You can replace it with orange juice and still get a similar flavor. Make sure to use a pulp free orange juice.
- Substitute the whipped cream vodka. You can use vanilla vodka instead of whipped cream vodka which will still impart a similar taste, but slightly less creamy.
- Skip the orange vodka. You can use regular vodka and you’ll still get a strong orange flavor in this shot. If you want to ramp the orange flavor up, add a splash of orange liqueur such as triple sec.
How to make this drink:
With four easy ingredients, this shot is super simple to make. You should be able to whip this one up in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 oz orange vodka or regular vodka
- .5 oz whipped cream vodka
- .25 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 oz orange soda
- garnish whipped cream
Start out by grabbing all of your necessary items including shot glass, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, ice, orange soda, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream vodka, orange vodka and whipped cream if you want to garnish it.
Take your shaker and toss some ice into it. The shaker should be almost filled to the top.
Take your jigger and measure 1 oz of orange soda. Toss that into the shaker.
Take your jigger and measure 1 oz of orange vodka. Toss that into the shaker.
Take your jigger and measure 0.5 oz of whipped cream vodka. Toss that into the shaker.
Take your jigger and measure 0.25 oz of sweetened condensed milk. Toss that into the shaker.
Take the shaker lid and place it over top of the shaker. Shake everything up until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and icy to the touch. This usually takes around 15 seconds.
Take the lid off of the shaker. Pop the hawthorn strainer over top of the shaker. Strain your drink from the shaker into the shot glass.
If you’d like to add a garnish, grab some whipped cream and add a large dollop to the top of your shot.
Orange Creamsicle Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Orange Vodka
- .5 oz Whipped Cream Vodka
- .25 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 oz Orange Soda
- Whipped Cream (optional garnish)
- Start out by filling the shaker with ice. It should be topped off with ice.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 oz of orange vodka. Then toss that into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .5 oz of whipped cream vodka. Then toss that into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .25 oz of sweetened condensed milk. Then toss that into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure 1 oz of orange soda. Then toss that into the shaker.
- Stick the shaker lid on and shake it well. The outside of the shaker will get cold after around 15 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid and stick the strainer on top.
- Pour the drink into the glass.
- Add a large dollop of whipped cream on top of the shot.