Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking to see how much spice you can take? Try out this hot and spicy prairie fire shot. It’s so easy to make with only tequila and Tabasco, but watch out for your taste buds as they might get burned.
What is a Prairie Fire Shot?
A prairie fire shot is a 2 oz shot of tequila with a few dashes of Tabasco sauce added in. It has a smooth and sweetness from the tequila which quickly turns into the heat of the Tabasco.
If you don’t have Tabasco sauce, you could certainly substitute it with any other hot sauce you have.
For the tequila, we like to use a silver tequila which allows you to see the little red flakes of Tabasco floating in the drink. However, if you prefer an age tequila or gold tequila feel free to use what you like.
When to Make This Drink:
This hot spicy shot can be served at times like:
- after dinner shots
- college parties
- bachelor parties
If you’d like to change a few things in this shot up try these out:
- Add more or less Tabasco. Adjust the spicy heat by adding more or less Tabasco depending on what you desire.
- Make a Canadian fire. Use Yukon Jack liquor to make a Canadian prairie fire drink.
- Use a different liquor. You could even use white rum or vodka and this if you wanted to change the flavor some.
How to make this drink:
Since all it takes to make this one is tossing your two ingredients together, you should be able to whip this up in 2 minutes or less.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 dashes of Tabasco
Collect everything you need for this shot including tequila, shot glass, jigger, Tabasco sauce.
Measure up 2 oz of tequila. Throw that into the bottom of the shot glass.
Take the tobacco and add around 4 dashes into your drink.
Knock it back and enjoy!
Prairie Fire Shot
- shot glass
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 – 6 dashes Tabasco
- Collect everything listed in the ingredient and equipment sections for this recipe.
- Grab the tequila. Use the jigger and measure 2 oz of tequila. Toss the tequila directly into the shot glass.
- Grab the tabasco. Directly add 4 – 6 dashes into the shot glass with the tequila.note: more tabasco will create hotter, spicier shot.
- Knock the shot back and enjoy!