Try out this light, fruity and refreshing raspberry vodka soda. It’s perfect to sip on for your next warm weather celebration.
What is a Raspberry Vodka Soda?
A raspberry vodka soda is a combination of soda water and raspberry vodka. This cocktail has a light and crisp flavor with a faint hint of sweet raspberry and a little bite from the vodka.
Soda water is a nice, fizzy and light addition for this cocktail. It is a zero calorie drink so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a lower calorie option.
Raspberry vodka is a nice flavored vodka. It has a lightly sweet and fruity flavor. We like to use Three Olives or Smirnoff.
When to Make This Drink:
This light, crisp and refreshing lower calorie cocktail is perfect for some times like:
- beach days
- afternoon sipping
- summer celebrations
- spring get togethers
Since there are only two ingredients in this cocktail, it’s a little difficult to mix it up too much. However, here are a few things you can try out:
- Use a flavored seltzer water. Raspberry or lime flavors work really well.
- Add a little sweet. Use a little dash of raspberry simple syrup to sweeten it up and capitalize on the raspberry flavor.
- Muddle a few raspberries. Muddle a couple raspberries in at the bottom of the drink to infuse it with extra raspberry flavor.
How to make this drink:
If you have 2 minutes you can easily get this one whipped up. Simply toss your ingredients in a glass and stir them well.
- 2 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 4 oz Soda Water
Collect everything you need for this drink including highball glass, ice, sugar, bar spoon, soda water and raspberry vodka
Make sure to dump some ice into the highball glass. You want to make sure that it is filled to the top.
Take the raspberry vodka and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of raspberry vodka and toss it into the glass.
Pick up the club soda and jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 oz of club soda and toss it into the glass.
Pro tip: instead of measuring with a jigger, you can also pour it directly into the glass. Just top the glass off with the club soda.
There are two options you have for mixing this drink. You can either use a cocktail shaker or a bar spoon.
Bar spoon: pop the bar spoon into the glass and stir the drink well.
Shaker: gently pour all the contents from the glass into the shaker. And then, pour all the contents from the shaker back into the glass.
Raspberry Vodka Soda
- bar spoon
- cocktail shaker
- highball glass
- 2 oz Raspberry Vodka
- 4 oz Club Soda
- Use the ice to fill the highball glass completely up to the top.
- Use the jigger to measure out 2 oz of raspberry vodka. Dump that into the glass.
- Use the jigger to measure out 4 oz of club soda. Dump that into the glass.Pro tip: instead of measuring with the jigger, you can just pour the club soda straight into the glass to top it off.
- Mix the drink up with one of the following two methods:1) Use a bar spoon to gently stir the drink.2) Gently toss the drink from the glass to the shaker and then back to the glass.