Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you love the sweet and salty combination, then this salted caramel martini is a must try. This Martini is sweet and creamy and is a super smooth cocktail.
What is a Salted Caramel Martini?
A salted caramel martini is a combination of Irish cream, heavy cream, vodka and caramel sauce. The resulting drink is sweet and creamy with a strong salted caramel flavor.
Vodka is made by fermenting in the distilling grains such as wheat or even potatoes. It tends to have a neutral flavor. This makes it a great liquor to add to cocktails where you want the other flavors to shine.
Irish cream is a combination of Irish whiskey, cream and sugar. The resulting liqueur is sweet and creamy with hints of vanilla and chocolate.
To top off the sweet creaminess in this drink is heavy cream. Heavy cream is the thick creamy fat that sits on the top of milk.
Caramel sauce is a very sweet, fix syrup. The taste of caramel is essentially like cooked sugar, it is a rich and sweet flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
But it’s sweet and rich flavor, does martini is a perfect pairing for many occasions such as:
- holiday celebrations
- date nights
- dessert drinks
Though this drink is delicious as is, here are a few ideas to mix it up a little:
- Use Bailey’s Salted Carmel. Instead of regular Bailey’s, up the caramel ante by using Bailey’s salted caramel. You can leave out the caramel sauce if you go this route, or leave it in, either way.
- Use Salted Caramel Vodka. Instead of regular vodka, toss in salted caramel vodka. Again, you can leave out the caramel sauce if you want with this ingredient.
- Add Rumchata. You can substitute half or more of the Bailey’s for rumchata which is still a creamy rich flavor, but with a little cinnamon kick.
How to make this drink:
This easy to make, four ingredient drink can be whipped up in five minutes or less. Even with the added garnish of caramel sauce, this one is so easy to make.
- 1.75 oz Baileys/Irish Cream
- 1.75 oz Heavy cream
- 2 tbs Caramel sauce
- 1 oz Vodka
To make this drink you want to first make sure you have everything needed including a martini glass, shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, ice, caramel sauce, vodka, heavy cream and Irish cream.
Go ahead and place your martini glass in the freezer so it can chill while you’re making your drink.
Also, grab a couple handful of ice and toss it into your cocktail shaker. The shaker should be almost filled to the top.
Pick up your vodka. Go ahead and measure out 1 oz of vodka using your jigger. Then, toss it into your cocktail shaker.
Pick up your Irish cream. Go ahead and measure out 1.75 oz of Irish cream using your jigger. Then, toss it into your shaker with the vodka.
Pick up your heavy cream. Go ahead and measure out 1.75 oz of heavy cream using your jigger. Then, toss it into your shaker with the Irish cream and vodka.
Grab your caramel sauce. Use a tablespoon and measure out two tablespoons of caramel sauce and toss it in the shaker with the other ingredients.
Take the top for your cocktail shaker and cover the shaker with it. Then, get everything shake enough well. This should take around 15 to 20 seconds in the cocktail shaker should be cool to the touch on the outside.
Remove your martini glass from the freezer.
If you want to add a garnish, now with the time to do so. You can put some caramel sauce on a saucer and then place the martini glass rim down in it. Will the glass around until the rim is thoroughly coated.
You can also add some salt for a little extra flavor. Sprinkles of salt on a saucer and then place the caramel sauce rim down into the salt and rock it back and forth.
Remove the top of your shaker and then place a Hawthorne strainer over top of the shaker. Strain your drink from the shaker into your martini glass. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.75 oz Bailey's/Irish Cream
- 1.75 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 oz Vodka
- 2 tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Stick your martini glass into the freezer to chill while you gather up your other equipment and ingredients.
- Fill your cocktail shaker up with ice.
- Once chilled, remove the martini glass from the freezer. Grab your caramel sauce, tip the glass sideways and slowly spin it as you squeeze or drizzle the caramel sauce around the inside of the glass as a garnish.
- Take your jigger and baileys. Measure 1.75 oz of baileys and toss it into the shaker.
- Take your jigger and heavy cream. Measure 1.75 oz of heavy cream and toss it into the shaker.
- Take your jigger and vodka. Measure 1 oz of vodka and toss it into the shaker.
- Take your caramel sauce and measure 2 tbsp. Put that into the shaker.
- Take the shaker top and place it on the shaker. Shake it well for 30 seconds or so.
- Remove the shaker top. Take the Hawthorne strainer and put it on top of the shaker.
- Pour your drink from the shaker into the glass. Enjoy!