Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for a fun addition to your next birthday celebration think about trying out this birthday cake martini. This drink is easy to make, super yummy and also festive.
What is a Birthday Cake Martini?
A birthday cake martini is a combination of cake vodka, half and half and white creme de cacao. It’s topped off by rimming the martini glass with frosting and sprinkles to give it that festive look and a little extra sweet.
This drink is super easy to make as it only takes three ingredients. However, it looks elaborate and festive. Additionally, a birthday cake martini actually tastes like sipping on birthday cake batter. It’s rich, decadent and so yummy.
The main flavor of this drink comes from the cake vodka. Plain vodka is a clear liquor that usually is relatively tasteless. However, vodka can be infused with different flavors. This cake vodka has flavors of buttercream and vanilla.
The half and half in this drink blends a sweet, creamy and rich flavor to the overall drink. And it helps to smooth out the bite of the vodka.
White creme de cacao is actually a clear liqueur. It has a milk chocolate flavor to it and clocks in at around 15% alcohol by volume.
Occasions to mix this drink
With its sweet, rich and decadent dessert flavor this drink is perfect for several different occasions, such as:
- birthday’s (obviously)
- after dinner drinks
- formal celebrations
Though the ingredients and instructions below will detail a more classic birthday cake martini, there are a couple potential variations you can use:
- Make it dark chocolate. Use Godiva or a dark creme de cacao in place of white creme de cacao.
- Make it more festive. Add some whipped cream or even a birthday candle to your drink.
- Give it a theme. If you have a birthday theme then you can change out the frosting color and/or sprinkles colors to match your party theme.
Some similar drinks include: Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail, Sugar Cookie Martini and the Salted Carmel Martini.
How to make this drink:
Although this drink may look festive in elaborate, it is super easy to make. Simply toss your ingredients together and give them a good shake after spreading some frosting on the rim of your glass.
- 1 oz Cake vodka
- 1 oz White Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz Half and half
- Frosting and sprinkles as garnish
Start out by placing your martini glass in the freezer to chill. While it’s chilling, gather up your ingredients including cake vodka, white cream to cacao, half and half, sprinkles, frosting, butter knife, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer and jigger.
Additionally, go ahead and toss some ice into your cocktail shaker so that it is filled almost to the top.
Remove your chilled glass from the freezer and start the rimming process by carefully spreading your frosting on the glass rim with a butter knife.
Next, you want to get the sprinkles on your rim. Lay your sprinkles on a saucer in a thick layer.
Then, place the glass rim and frosting side down into the sprinkles and gently rock it back and forth so they stick in the frosting.
Using your jigger, measure out 1 oz of cake vodka. Then, pour your cake vodka into the shaker with your ice.
Using your jigger, measure out 1 oz of white creme de cacao. Then, pour your white creme de cacao into the shaker with your cake vodka and ice.
Use your jigger once again, this time to measure 1 oz of half and half. Then, pour the half and half into the shaker with the white creme de cacao, cake vodka and ice.
Grab the top for your cocktail shaker and put it on. Then, shake your drink well. This usually takes about 15 – 30 seconds and the outside of the shaker should get cold and icy to the touch.
Remove the top of the shaker and replace it with the hawthorne strainer. Pour your drink from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass. Enjoy!
Birthday Cake Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1 oz Cake Vodka
- 1 oz White Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz Half and Half
- frosting and sprinkles optional garnish
- Pop your martini glass into the freezer to chill while you gather up your ingredients.
- Get your chilled martini glass and get the frosting and sprinkles. Use a butter knife to carefully put a layer of frosting on the rim of the glass.
- Pour your sprinkles onto a saucer in a thin layer, then place the frosted rim of the martini glass into the sprinkles and move it back and forth to coat it in sprinkles.
- Get your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Get your cake vodka, measure out 1 oz with the jigger and pour it into the shaker
- Get your white creme de cacao, measure out 1 oz with the jigger and pour it into the shaker.
- Get your half and half, measure out 1 oz with the jigger and pour it into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker top, put it on the shaker and shake it well. The outside of the shaker should become cold to the touch.
- Pop off the shaker top and place the hawthorne strainer over the shaker.
- Pour your drink from the shaker into the martini glass and enjoy!
Leave a Reply