Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Sit back and indulge in this decadent, delectable dessert shot known as a strawberry shortcake shot. This two ingredient wonder is delightful and easy to make. Enjoy the creamy strawberry goodness complemented by a subtle vodka bite that will treat your taste buds with every delightful sip.
🥃 What is a Strawberry Shortcake Shot?
A strawberry shortcake shot is a very easy two ingredient shot that is in combination of equal parts cake vodka and tequila rose. It is typically rimmed with crushed graham crackers.
This pretty in pink shot tastes like liquid strawberry shortcake. It is creamy, sweet and full of strawberry flavor with a little bite of vodka.
If you love strawberry shortcake, then you should also shake up this strawberry shortcake martini which uses similar ingredients.
And, if you want to know why to make this drink, here are a few reasons you’re sure to love it:
- Eye catching. This drink looks fancy with its pretty pink color and graham cracker rim. It makes it perfect to be a centerpiece at your next get together or event.
- Easy and quick. This one’s only two ingredients and they’re equal ratios, you need hardly any time at all to make this. Simply toss them in the shaker, give it a shake and get to drinking.
- Perfect for dessert. This is a super delicious, sweet dessert drink. It’s a perfect addition to a party or after dinner drinks if you’re looking for a little touch of decadence.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This is the perfect dessert shot to serve at a wide array of different events and occasions. Give it a shake at a few of these different times:
- Girls night in or out
- Bachelorette parties
- Valentine’s Day
There are a ton of ingredients substitution you can make with only two ingredients. However, if you’re really feeling like you want to change things up give these a try:
- Use strawberry simple syrup. Add .5 oz of strawberry simple syrup to make an extra sweet strawberry flavor.
- Use real strawberries. Muddle a sliced strawberry in with the vodka before shaking well.
- Add more garnishes. Add a sliced strawberry on the rim of the glass and or a large dollop of whipped cream to really ramp up the decadence in this shot.
- 1 oz Cake vodka
- 1 oz Tequila rose
- Optional Garnish graham cracker
Get everything together before you get started. This should include cake vodka, tequila Rose, simple syrup, cocktail shaker, hop on strainer, shot glass, jigger, saucer and crushed graham crackers.
Tell us a little bit of ice into the cocktail shaker.
Next, you want to get your glass rimmed. Go ahead and spread a thin layer of simple syrup on one half of a saucer. Then, spread it thin layer of crushed graham crackers on the other side.
Take the shot glass and roll the rim of it around the simple syrup and told us coated. Then, do the same in the crushed graham crackers so that they stick to the rim.
Pour 1 oz of tequila Rose into the jigger. Then, pour that into the shaker.
Pour 1 oz of cake vodka into the jigger. Then, pour that into the shaker.
Cover the shaker with it’s not. Spend about 15 to 20 seconds shaking everything together so that the shaker gets cold on the outside.
Go ahead and take the top bottom of the shaker. Then, pour your shot from the shaker into the shot glass.
Strawberry Shortcake Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- 1 oz Cake Vodka
- 1 oz Tequila Rose
- Crushed Graham Cracker (optional garnish)
- Get all of the things listed above that are needed for this drink gathered up.
- If you want to add a garnish:1) crush up a graham cracker and spread it in a thin layer on one half of a saucer.2) spread a little simple syrup on the other half of the saucer.3) Roll the rim of the shot glass first in the simple syrup and then in the graham cracker.
- Pop some ice into the shaker until it is filled to the top.
- Grab the cake vodka and measure out 1 oz using the jigger. Dump the cake vodka into the shaker.
- Grab the tequila rose and measure out 1 oz using the jigger. Dump the tequila rose into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker top and put it on.
- Shake well until the shaker is cold to touch. Usually this happens around 15 – 20 seconds.
- Grab the hawthorne strainer and replace the shaker top with it.
- Pour your shot into the shot glass.