Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a creamy rich holiday drink? Try out this fabulous tequila and eggnog. With only two ingredients it’s super easy to make for your next winter holiday celebration.
What is a Tequila and Eggnog?
A tequila and eggnog is a creamy and decadent cocktail that has the sweet rich flavor of eggnog with the slightly sweet bite of tequila on the back end. This cocktail is easy to make and fits well for any winter occasion from parties to sipping by the fireplace.
Tequila is a liquor made by distilling a blue agave plant. It comes in several different variations based on how how long and the type of aging done.
Two of the more popular types of tequilas are Blanco tequila and gold tequila. Blanco tequila is a lighter sweeter flavored liquor whereas gold tequila has been aged more and has a darker thicker flavor. You can use any type of tequila for this cocktail.
Eggnog is a drink typically made and consumed around the winter holidays. It is made from eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. It is a very thick, rich and decadent drink that has a flavor similar to custard.
For this cocktail, you can use either store-bought eggnog or you can make your own eggnog at home.
When to serve this drink
This cocktail is perfect for cold weather celebrations. Here are a few times you might want to try serving it:
- Winter holiday celebrations
- Christmas Eve sipping
- Christmas parties
- New Year’s parties
Other eggnog drinks are: vodka and eggnog, gin and eggnog or an eggnog martini.
How to make this drink:
This drink can easily be whipped up in 2 minutes or less. You simply need to take your two ingredients toss them into your glass and mix them together. Additionally, if you want to make an entire picture of this cocktail simply multiply your ingredients by five.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 oz Eggnog
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg
To get started making this cocktail, first, gather up your glass, jigger, bar spoon, tequila, eggnog and cinnamon or nutmeg.
Pro tip: You can use either a highball or a rocks glass for this cocktail both work perfectly well.
Note: We will be mixing straight in the glass. However, you can use a cocktail shaker instead to mix this cocktail.
Go ahead and take some ice and fill your glass almost to the top with it.
Grab your tequila and your jigger. Using your jigger, measure 2 oz of tequila and pour it into your glass over the ice.
Grab your eggnog. Using your jigger, measure 4 oz of eggnog and pour it into your glass over the ice.
Now, you’ll need to get everything thoroughly mixed. To do this, use your bar spoon, insert it into your glass and stir well.
Take your cinnamon or nutmeg whichever you’ve decided to use and add several dashes to the top of your drink. With that your drink is ready and you can enjoy!
Tequila and Eggnog
- bar spoon
- highball glass or rocks glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz eggnog
- cinnamon or nutmeg (optional garnish)
- Gather up everything you need to make your drink.Note: You can use either a cocktail shaker to mix this drink or you can mix it directly in your glass. The step by step instructions to follow are for mixing it directly in your glass. If you'd prefer to mix in your cocktail shaker:Fill shaker with ice.Add your ingredients to the shaker.Shake well, put hawthorne strainer on top and pour into glass.
- Fill your glass with ice.Note: You can use a rocks glass or a highball glass for this drink.
- Use your jigger to measure out 2 oz of tequila. Toss the tequila into your glass.
- Use your jigger to measure out 4 oz of eggnog. Toss the eggnog into your glass.
- Use your bar spoon and carefully, but thoroughly mix your drink together.
- Add several dashes of cinnamon or nutmeg to the top of your cocktail.
Leave a Reply