Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Does fruit punch go good with tequila? It absolutely does! Tequila and fruit punch is an easy to make two ingredient cocktail with a super sweet fruity taste perfect for spring or summer sipping.
What is a tequila and fruit punch?
Tequila and fruit punch is a super simple two ingredient cocktail that has the sweet fruity flavor of fruit punch with the bite of tequila as it goes down. This cocktail is perfect for making a single serving to sip on or to make an entire punch bowl for a large get together.
Tequila is a liquor that is made by distilling the blue agave plant. It actually comes in several different varieties that are dependent on how long and how the tequila is aged. Two common types are Blanco and gold tequila.
Blanco tequila, sometimes called silver tequila, Is a clear tequila that has a sweet and white flavor. It is typically bottled with no aging. This is the type of tequila we use in the ingredients below. However, you can use whatever your favorite type of tequila is for this cocktail.
Fruit punch is essentially a combination of fruit juices and either water or soda. The specific types of fruits used can vary dependent on the manufacturer or what you choose to make it with if it’s homemade. Some fruit punches are mixed with soda or sparkling water to add a carbonation and some are not.
No matter the type of fruit punch, The resulting drink is typically very sweet and bursting with fruit flavor.
There are several different ways this drink can be made. Here are a few ideas to put a subtle twist on it:
- Make a tequila punch margarita: add in triple sec in a little lime juice to have a fruit punch flavored margarita.
- Use a different type of tequila: for this recipe we’ve used a silver tequila. However you can use a gold tequila or any other type of tequila to get a slightly different flavor combined into your fruit punch.
- Make your own fruit punch: fruit punch actually can come in different flavors depending almost fruit you add in. Most of the fruit punch bought at the store does not have any soda or sparkling water added. But, if you make your own fruit punch you can use whatever fruit you want and add in ginger ale or Sprite to add a little carbonation to your drink.
When to mix this up
This can be made for a variety of different occasions. Here are just a few you might want to try it at:
- sipping on your porch during the spring or summer.
- pool parties
- large get togethers
- summer barbecues
How to make this drink:
This cocktail is so easy to mix up You can have it ready in about 3 minutes. You can even turn this from a single serving drink and to an entire picture or a punch bowl full just by multiplying the ingredients by six.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 4 oz Fruit Punch
Start out by grabbing your glass, jigger, bar spoon, fruit punch, and tequila.
Note: there are two ways to mix this cocktail. You can do it straight in the glass with a bar spoon (as detailed below) or you can do it in a cocktail shaker.
If you choose to use a cocktail shaker, fill the shaker with ice, add your tequila and fruit punch to the shaker, cover the shaker and shake well. Then place your hawthorn strainer on top and pour into your glass.
Go ahead and grab some ice and use it to fill your glass almost to the top.
Take your tequila as well as your jigger. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of tequila. Pour the tequila slowly into your glass with your ice.
Take your fruit punch and your jigger. Use the jigger to measure 4 oz of fruit punch. Pour the fruit punch slowly into your glass with your tequila and ice.
Pro tip: If you want to have more of a fruit punch of flavor and less of a tequila flavor, simply add another ounce or so of fruit punch to top the glass off.
Take your bar spoon and place it into your glass. Then, use the bar spoon to slowly stir the tequila and fruit punch together well.
If you would like to add an optional garnish you can cut a slice of any fruit you like and place it on the edge of the glass.
Tequila and Fruit Punch
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz fruit punch
- slice or wedge of fruit (optional garnish)
- Gather together all of your ingredients and supplies.Note: when you mix your drink you can do it in a cocktail shaker or straight in your glass. Step by step intructions for mixing in the glass are below.Using a cocktail shaker instead: Fill shaker with ice.Pour ingredients into shaker.Pop top on shaker and shake well.Remove top, add hawthorne strainer and pour into glass.
- Fill your glass up with ice.
- Get your jigger and tequila. Measure 2 oz of tequila and toss it into your glass.
- Get your jigger and fruit punch. Measure 4 oz of fruit punch and toss it into your glass.
- Grab your bar spoon and place it in the glass and stir everything well.
- If you choose to add an optional fruit wedge garnish, pick what type of fruit – an orange slice, a few maraschino cherries or a strawberry all work well.