Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Whiskey and fruit punch is a great combination. This cocktail is easy to make and full of sweet fruity flavor. It’s perfect for sipping on summer day.
What is a whiskey and fruit punch?
A whiskey and fruit punch is a simple two ingredient cocktail packed with sweet fruit flavor that is combined with the vanilla, caramel and oaky flavors of whiskey as it goes down. This one is perfect as a single serving or as an entire punch bowl at a large get together.
Whiskey is a dark liquor that is made by distilling grains. There are many different varieties of whiskey. Some of the typical grains used in different varieties are wheat, rye, corn and barley. Whiskey typically has a slightly oaky and caramel flavor.
You can use any type of whiskey in this cocktail. We recommend either a nice bourbon or an Irish whiskey as both are very smooth and compliment the fruit flavors well.
Fruit punch is a drink that is typically a very sweet and full of fruit flavor. There are several different varieties of fruit punches and different fruits can be used in each. Some typical fruits used are pineapple, apple, grapes and pears.
Fruit punch that is purchased pre-made in the store is typically mixed with water while often times people who home make fruit punch will use a type of soda such as ginger ale or Sprite to give it a sparkling or carbonated flavor.
For this cocktail, you can use any type of store-bought or homemade fruit punch. It all works equally well in this cocktail.
When to mix it up
This bright and sweet drink works well for a variety of different occasions. Give it a try at one of these times:
- summer barbecue
- pool parties
- sipping in the spring or summer
- any large celebration or get together
Similar fruit punch cocktails are: tequila and fruit punch, rum and fruit punch, vodka and fruit punch.
How to make this drink:
You can mix this drink up in 5 minutes or less. And as a bonus, you can use this cocktail to make just one serving or a whole picture. To make an entire picture, just multiply the ingredients by five or six.
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 4 oz Fruit Punch
The first thing you need to do is gather up your glass, bar spoon, jigger, whiskey, fruit punch and ice.
Pro tip: to mix this drink you can either use a cocktail shaker or mix it straight in your glass. Directions will be given below for mixing straight in the glass.
If you prefer to use a cocktail shaker, simply fill your cocktail sugar with ice. Then, dump your whiskey and fruit punch into the cocktail shaker place the top on it and shake well. Then use a Hawthorne strainer to pour your drink from your shaker to your glass.
Grab your ice and fill your glass almost to the top.
Ginger to measure 4 oz of fruit punch. Then, slowly come through punch from your jigger into your glass with your ice.
Use your jigger to measure 2 oz of whiskey. Then, slowly dump the whiskey from your jigger into your glass with your ice and fruit punch.
Take your bar spoon and place it in your glass. Then, use the bar spoon to stir your drink well so that everything is thoroughly mixed together.
Garnishes for this drink are optional. If you do choose to add one you can add a slice of pretty much any fruit especially ones that are in your fruit punch.
Whiskey and Fruit Punch
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- Hawthorne strainer (optional)
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 2 oz whiskey
- 4 oz fruit punch
- slice or wedge of fruit (optional garnish)
- Gather up all the supplies and ingredients needed for your drink,Note: You can mix this cocktail either directly in the glass or with a cocktail shaker. Glass mixing directions are in the step by steps below.To use the cocktail shaker: Fill it with ice.Toss ingredients into the shaker.Put the top on the shaker and shake well.Remove the top and replace it with the hawthorne strainer, then pour into your glass.
- Fill your glass up with ice.
- Take your whiskey and jigger and measure 2 oz of whiskey. Toss the whiskey into your glass.
- Take your fruit punch and jigger and measure 4 oz of fruit punch. Toss the fruit punch into your glass.
- Take your bar spoon and use it to stir your drink together completely.
- If you want to add an optional fruit slice or wedge as a garnish, add that also.
Leave a Reply