Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re a fan of orange tic tacs, you have to try out this tic tac shot. This dark yellow drink tastes almost exactly like your favorite orange mint.
What is a Tic Tac Shot?
A tic-tac shot is a combination of sour mix, vodka and pineapple juice. This super easy three ingredient shot is a dark yellow color and taste just like orange tic tac mint candies.
Vodka is known for being a clear, neutral and rather tasteless liquor. It is made by fermenting grains such as rye or even corn and then distilling them.
Sour mix can be purchased pre-made at the store, or you can make your own at home. It is a combination of lemon juice or sometimes lime juice and sugar or simple syrup. The resulting mix is both sweet and sour with citrus flavor.
When choosing a pineapple juice for this cocktail, be sure to get a hundred percent pineapple juice and not a pineapple juice cocktail. This will ensure you have pure tangy and sweet pineapple flavor with no other fruits added in.
Occasions to serve this drink
With its fruity and delicious flavor, this shot is well suited for a variety of times including:
- spring celebrations
- birthday celebrations
- summer parties
- pre-dinner drinks
While you don’t want to mess with the ingredients too much on this one, or you won’t have the orange tic tac flavor you’re looking for there is one other version of this drink that has a similar flavor.
- You can make this a tic tac bomb shot. The ingredients are actually quite different. You will have a shot of Mandarin or orange vodka. And you will drop that into 4 oz of Red Bull with .75 oz of orange juice and chug it.
Some similar shots are: Sweet tart shot, applesauce shot or jolly rancher shot.
How to make this drink:
This one can be shaken together in 3 minutes or less. You only need to toss your three ingredients together and mix them well.
- 2 oz vodka
- .75 oz sweet and sour mix
- .25 oz pineapple juice
Start out by making sure you have everything you need to make this shot including shot glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, vodka, sour mix and pineapple juice.
Pick up your ice and toss it into your shaker. The shaker should be filled almost to the top with the ice.
Take your vodka and jigger. Using the jigger measure out 2 oz of vodka. Toss that into the shaker.
Take your sour mix and jigger. Using the jigger measure out 0.75 oz of sour mix. Toss that into the shaker.
Take your pineapple juice and jigger. Using the jigger measure out 0.25 oz of pineapple juice. Toss that into the shaker.
Slap the top onto your cocktail shaker. Shake it up. This should take around 15 or 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should get cold to the touch.
Pop the lid off your shaker and replace it with Hawthorne strainer. Strain your shot from the shaker into your shot glass. Kick it back and enjoy!
Tic Tac Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 2 oz Vodka
- .75 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- .25 oz Pineapple Juice
- Gather up all the ingredients and equipment listed above.
- Toss some ice into the cocktail shaker. The shaker should be filled up with ice.
- Pick up the Vodka. Use the jigger to measure 2 oz of vodka. Toss that into the shaker.
- Pick up the sweet and sour mix. Use the jigger to measure .75 oz of sweet and sour mix. Toss that into the shaker.
- Pick up the pineapple juice. Use the jigger to measure .25 oz of pineapple juice. Toss that into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker with the lid.
- Shake well for around 15 – 20 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid.
- Place the hawthorne strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the shot glass.
Leave a Reply