Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you love dessert drinks, but don’t want something heavy then try out this applesauce shot. With it’s sweet apple flavor, it is perfect for the Fall.
What is an applesauce shot?
An applesauce shot tastes like Grandma’s Apple pie. It has a strong Apple flavor with a kick of cinnamon. This shot is super smooth with no burning all the way down.
A lot of dessert shots tend to be creamy, decadent or heavy, but not this one (or the pineapple upside down shot). With this shot you get sweet apple dessert flavor in a light drink.
When you think of Fall, you might think of pumpkins. But, you probably also think about cinnamon and apples. This pretty dark yellow colored shot with it’s apple flavor is perfect for any Fall occasion. It is also so easy to mix together, it works well for parties and large get togethers.
If you like hard apple cider, you might also try the Snakebite Drink.
How to make this drink:
This simple 4 ingredient dessert shot can be whipped up in just a few minutes. You’ll want to make more in no time.
- ½ oz apple pucker
- ½ oz. pineapple juice
- ½ oz. hard apple cider
- ½ oz. Fireball
- graham cracker
- apple slice
Grab up your cocktail shaker and dump ice in it. You want it almost full to the top.
Grab up your apple pucker and your jigger. Use your jigger to measure ½ oz of apple pucker and dump that into your shaker over the ice.
Grab up your pineapple juice and use your jigger to measure ½ oz of pineapple juice and dump that into your shaker with the ice and apple pucker.
Grab up your hard apple cider and use your jigger to measure ½ oz of hard apple cider and dump that into your shaker as well.
Finally, grab your fireball and use your jigger to measure ½ of that and dump it into your shaker also.
Put the top onto your cocktail shaker and shake it well for 15 or 20 seconds.
Prep your shot glass by using either some water to wet the rim or you can use some of the apple cider. Smash up a graham cracker on a saucer. Then place the glass rim down into the graham cracker until it has covered the rim.
Cut an apple into slices as well.
Grab your Hawthorne strainer and put it on top of the shaker. Then pour your shot from the shaker into your shot glass. Place the apple slice across the top.
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- ½ oz Apple Pucker
- ½ oz Pineapple Juice
- ½ oz Fireball
- ½ oz Hard Apple Cider
- Apple Slice
- 1 Graham Cracker
- Start by filling your cocktail shaker to the top with ice.
- Use your jigger and measure ½ oz of apple pucker, dump that into your shaker.
- Use your jigger and measure ½ oz of pineapple juice, dump that into your shaker.
- Use your jigger and measure ½ oz of fireball, dump that into your shaker.
- Use your jigger and measure ½ oz of hard apple cider, dump that into your shaker.
- Take a graham cracker and crush it up. Then place it on a saucer.
- Take your shot glass and wet the rim either with a little water or some apple cider.
- Place your shot glass rim first into the graham cracker and rock it around until the rim is covered.
- Cut an apple into slices and set one slice aside.
- Shake your shaker well. This should take about 15 – 20 seconds or until the outside is cold to the touch.
- Put your Hawthorne strainer on top of the shaker and pour the shot into your shot glass.