The vampires kiss cocktail is a pretty pink drink. It’s super easy to make. And, with its color and flavor, it is suited for a wide variety of occasions from Halloween to date nights.
What is a Vampire’s Kiss Cocktail?
A vampire’s kiss cocktail is a combination of cranberry juice, champagne, Chambord and cherry vodka. The resulting drink is lightly fizzy. And it has a sweet, cherry fruit flavor with a little tart sour punch from the cranberry juice.
Chambord is a reddish purple liqueur. It originated in France and has a 16.5% alcohol by volume. It is considered a black raspberry flavored liqueur.It is considered a black raspberry flavored liqueur. It is made from cognac, blackberries, raspberries and other fruits and spices. Chambord cocktails are popular because of their pretty color and flavor.
Champagne is wine that has carbonation or fizz added in. There are many different varieties and flavors of champagne. When choosing a champagne for this drink, any will do just fine. So, pick your favorite to use.
Vodka is a clear liquor. It typically has a neutral flavor. However, cherry vodka has a sweet cherry flavor added in.
When choosing a cranberry juice for this cocktail, make sure that you get 100% pure cranberry juice. You don’t want sugar added and you don’t want a cranberry juice cocktail. This way you have the tart cranberry flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is actually fairly versatile, despite its creepily themed name. Give it a try at occasions including:
- Valentine’s Day
- New Year’s Eve
this cocktail is not a standardized cocktail. Therefore, there are a wide variety of different takes on this drink. Here are a few different ways to mix it up:
- Use grenadine. Using a little splash of grenadine in this drink will amp up the red color and sweetness and cherry flavor. Grenadine is a bright red very sweet syrup made from pomegranates.
- Use a different flavored vodka. Instead of using cherry vodka you could use a different flavored vodka such as raspberry vodka or cranberry vodka. Either would work well with the other ingredients flavors.
- Leave out the champagne. You can either completely leave the champagne out of this drink. Or, if you still want it to be a little fizzy and sparkling, you can add a dash of club soda or a lemon lime soda.
- Use dry ice. If serving it at Halloween, make it extra creepy by adding a cube of dry ice in the bottom of the glass.
- Rim your glass. Add a little extra flair and sweetness to the drink. You can drizzle grenadine around the edge to look like drops of blood. Or, you can give it a red sugar rim.
How to make this drink:
This drink is relatively easy to make. You can usually have it whipped up and around 5 minutes. Really all you have to do is dump your ingredients in a shaker and give them a good shake.
- 1.5 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1.5 oz Champagne
- .5 Chambord
- .5 oz Cranberry juice
Get started by making sure you have everything needed for the drink including cherry vodka, champagne, Chambord, cranberry juice, martini glass, shaker, ice, hawthorn strainer and jigger.
Place the martini glass into the freezer so that it can chill while you’re working on your drink.
Also, grab some ice and use it to almost completely fill the shaker at the top.
Measure out 1.5 oz of cherry vodka using the jigger. Toss it into the shaker.
Measure out 0.5 oz of cranberry juice using the jigger. Toss it into the shaker.
Measure out 1.5 oz of champagne using the jigger. Toss it into the shaker.
Measure out .5 oz of Chambord using the jigger. Toss it into the shaker.
Use the shaker lid to cover the shaker. Then, shake it well for around 15 seconds or so. The outside of the shaker should become icy and colds touch it.
Remove your martini glass from the freezer.
If you want to add a garnish, now is the time to do so. To add grenadine on the rim, spread a thin layer of grenadine on a saucer and then turn the glass rim down and roll it back and forth. You can use the same method to add a colored sugar rim.
Replace the shaker lid with a Hawthorne strainer. Then, pour your cocktail into your martini glass.
Vampire’s Kiss Cocktail
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Cherry Vodka
- 1.5 oz Champagne
- .5 oz Chambord
- .5 oz Cranberry Juice
- Pop your martini glass into the freezer to chill.
- Grab some ice and toss it into the cocktail shaker.
- Grab the cherry vodka and use the jigger to measure out 1.5 oz. Toss it into the shaker.
- Grab the champagne and use the jigger to measure out 1.5 oz. Toss it into the shaker.
- Grab the chambord and use the jigger to measure out .5 oz. Toss it into the shaker.
- Grab the cranberry juice and use the jigger to measure out .5 oz. Toss it into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker lid and pop it on top of the shaker.
- Shake it well – about 15 to 20 seconds or until the shaker is cold to the touch.
- Take the chilled martini glass out of the freezer.
- Remove the shaker lid.
- Put the hawthorne strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink from the shaker into the glass.