Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This Dracula’s kiss cocktail is the perfect addition to your next Halloween party or movie night. This cocktail is super easy to make and full of sweet fizzy deliciousness.
What is a Dracula’s Kiss Cocktail?
A Dracula’s kiss cocktail is a combination of Coca-Cola, grenadine and cherry vodka. The resulting cocktail is a sweet and fizzy drink that tastes pretty much exactly like a spiked cherry soda.
Vodka is made by fermenting and then distilling grains such as rye, wheat or even potatoes. It is a clear liquor that tends to have a very neutral taste. Cherry vodka is a flavored vodka that has a little bit of sweetness and a strong cherry flavor.
Coca-Cola, as you may already know, is a soda. This means that it is full of fizzy carbonation. It is an extremely sweet drink that has a complex flavor that has undertones of vanilla, cinnamon and other spices.
Grenadine is a bright red, very sweet syrup. It is made from pomegranate, though some people like and it’s flavor to a sweet cherry taste. Most grenadine based cocktails are sweet and sometimes a pretty, bright red color.
When to Make This Drink:
This simple three ingredient cocktail is fun to serve at a variety of occasions including:
- horror-themed parties
- movie nights
- Halloween parties
- murder mystery dinners
Since this cocktail is not an IBA standard cocktail, you can find a variety of different ingredients and variations for it, such as:
- Change up the Coke. Coke comes in a variety of different flavors and dietary options such as caffeine free, diet Coke, Coke zero or Cherry Coke. You can use one of these to either enhance the cherry flavor or to meet certain dietary restrictions.
- Use regular vodka. If you want to use regular vodka, you can do so it is just highly recommended to substitute Cherry Coke in the first step above.
- Get creative with garnishes. Especially if you’re using this for a themed party, you can get creative with your garnishes. A few options would be to rim your glass with grenadine or simple syrup that has been mixed with red food coloring. You could also add those fun plastic vampire teeth on the rim of the glass. Or, something as simple as a few maraschino cherries.
How to make this drink:
Since you only need three ingredients for this cocktail, it is super easy to make. You can have this one stirred together in 3 minutes or less.
- 2 oz Cherry vodka
- .5 oz Grenadine
- 4 oz Coke
As you get started make sure you have everything needed to make this drink including Coke, cherry vodka, grenadine, a highball glass, ice, a bar spoon and jigger.
Go ahead and grab a couple handfuls of ice and fill your highball glass almost to the top with them.
Grab your cherry vodka and your jigger. Using your jigger, measure 2 oz of cherry vodka and pour it into your highball glass with the ice.
Grab your Coke and your jigger. Using your jigger, measure out 4 oz of Coke and pour it into your highball glass with the ice.
Note: If you wish to skip using the jigger in the step you can. If you do so, simply take the coke and top the glass off with it.
Use your bar spoon by inserting it into your glass and give your drink a few stirs in order to make sure the Coke and vodka is thoroughly mixed.
Take your grenadine and your jigger. Measure out 0.25 oz of grenadine.
Slowly drizzle the grenadine into your drink over the ice. This should look like a little bit of blood added to the drink on the very top where it catches on the ice cubes and then as it collects in the bottom of the drink.
Dracula’s Kiss Cocktail
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz Cherry Vodka
- 4 oz Coke
- .5 oz Grenadine
- Begin by ensuring that you have everything necessary to make the drink.
- Grab your highball glass and fill it almost to the top with ice.
- Grab your jigger. Use the jigger to measure out 2 oz of Cherry Vodka. Dump that into the glass.
- Grab your jigger. Use the jigger to measure out 4 oz of Coke. Dump that into the glass.Note: Alternatively, you can skip using the jigger and just top the glass off with coke.
- Grab your jigger. Use the jigger to measure out .5 oz of Grenadine.
- Slowly drizzle the grenadine into the glass over the ice.