Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Try out this Washington Apple shot if you’re looking for a smooth shot to serve at your next get together. This beautiful red colored shot is easy to make and is sure to please your guests.
What is a Washington Apple Shot?
A Washington Apple shot is a combination of crown Royal, sour apple pucker and cranberry juice. This easy to make three ingredient shot is a beautiful red color and is a really smooth blend with sweet apple on the front cascading into a little bit of tartness from the cranberry juice.
Crown Royal is a Canadian whiskey. It is a really smooth liquor that has undertones of vanilla, caramel and oak flavors.
Sour apple pucker is a type of liqueur that is almost neon green in color. It is made from a base spirit that is a neutral flavor. It has a sweet and sour apple flavor. This one clocks in it around 15% alcohol by volume.
For the cranberry juice in this cocktail, it’s best to use 100% pure no sugar added juice. Additionally, try to use a cranberry juice that is not a cocktail so you get the true tart cranberry flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
With drinks bright color and sweet and sour flavor, it is well served for a wide range of occasions including:
- Winter holiday parties
- 4th of July
With only three ingredients, there aren’t a ton of ways to change this drink up. However, here are a few things you can try:
- Try a flavored crown Royal. Crown Royal actually comes in a few different flavors including Apple. Which would be a good match for the other flavors in this cocktail.
- Make it a martini or rocks cocktail. Multiply your ingredients by two and serve any martini glass or rocks glass if you want to sip this instead of take it as a shot.
- Use a true apple schnapps. If you want to cut back on some of the sourness of this drink, use an apple schnapps instead of a sour apple pucker.
- Make it sparkling. Some people like bad a little splash of lemon lime soda to this drink to give it a little fizz and bubble.
How to make this drink:
This shot is super easy to make with only three simple ingredients. All you have to do is toss them together and give it a shake.
- .75 oz Crown Royal
- .75 oz Sour apple schnapps
- .75 oz Cranberry juice
As you get started you want to make sure you have everything you need to make this shot including crown Royal, sour apple pucker, cranberry juice, ice, Hawthorne strainer, cocktail shaker, jigger and shot glass.
Grab your cocktail shaker and toss some ice into it. The shaker should be filled about halfway with ice.
Grab your cranberry juice and your jigger. Using the jigger, measure 0.75 oz of cranberry juice and pour it into the shaker.
Grab the crown Royal and jigger. Using the jigger, measure .75 oz of crown Royal and pour it into the shaker.
Grab the sour apple pucker and jigger. Using the jigger, measure 0.75 oz of sour apple pucker and poured in the shaker.
Grab the lid for the cocktail shaker and place it over top of the shaker. Shake everything well for around 15 to 20 seconds or until these shaker is cold to touch.
Remove the lid from the cocktail shaker. Place the Hawthorne strainer over top of the shaker. For your shot into your shot glass.
Washington Apple shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .75 oz crown royal
- .75 oz Sour apple pucker
- .75 oz cranberry juice
- Ensure you have gathered everything needed to make this shot.
- Toss some ice into the cocktail shaker until it is filled almost to the top.
- Use the jigger and measure .75 oz of crown royal. Toss the crown royal into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .75 oz of sour apple pucker. Toss the sour apple pucker into the shaker.
- Use the jigger and measure .75 oz of cranberry juice. Toss the cranberry juice into the shaker.
- Put the shaker lid on the shaker.
- Shake it up for about 15 – 20 seconds. The outside of the shaker should get cold to touch.
- Remove the lid of the shaker.
- Put the hawthorne strainer on the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the shot glass.