A whiskey and 7up sometimes known as the 7 & 7 is a super easy to make cocktail. You only need two ingredients for this one and it makes an easy sipper for any occasion. This two ingredient cocktail is super simple to make and super tasty.
What is a Whiskey & 7up?
A whiskey and 7-Up tastes much like whiskey and Sprite does with its rich, caramel, vanilla whiskey taste combined with the lemon lime citrus from the soda.
Due to the ease of making this cocktail, it’s perfect for tossing together at the end of a long day. It also works well for large get together as if you can easily make several cocktails for multiple people in just a few minutes.
Whiskey can have a variety of different tastes depending on the type of whiskey you choose. There are many different types of whiskeys including Irish whiskey, Kentucky whiskey, Tennessee whiskey, Crown Royal and Seagram’s 7 to name a few.
For this drink you can certainly use your favorite whiskey but the most popular one to use for this drink is Seagram’s seven. Hence, the commonly used name 7 and 7.
What does Seagram’s 7 taste like?
Seagram’s 7 is the most commonly used whiskey for this drink. Whiskey tends to get their difference in flavors depending on the type of grain used as well as the type of barrel used to age it and how long its aged.
Seagram’s 7 is aged in oak barrel. It is a blended American whiskey. And has a very smooth taste.
Some of the strongest flavor notes with Seagram’s 7 are a sweet vanilla that goes with its smoothness.
How to make this drink:
This two ingredient cocktail is one of the easiest you can make. All you have to do is grab your two ingredients and stir them together.
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 4 oz 7up
Grab your highball glass, jigger, bar spoon, whiskey and 7UP and let’s get ready to get started.
Go ahead and fill your highball glass almost the top with ice.
Next, you want to measure out your whiskey. To do this, use your jigger and measure 2 oz of whiskey. Then, pour that whiskey into your highball glass over your ice.
Then, you want to add your 7up. To do this, use your jigger again. This time use it to measure 4 oz of 7 up and pour that into your glass with your whiskey and your ice.
You actually don’t have to get exactly 4 oz of 7Up for the drink. In fact, if you like it to be a little less strong you can just top your glass off with 7up instead of measuring it with a jigger.
Finally, go ahead and take your bar spoon. Place it into your glass and gently give everything a stir until it is thoroughly mixed.
Take your first sip, sit back and enjoy!
Whiskey and 7up or 7 & 7
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- 2 oz whiskey Seagrams 7 is standard, but any whiskey works.
- 4 oz 7up
- Lemon or Lime Wedge (optional garnish)
- If you want to add an optional garnish, start by cutting a lemon or lime into slices. Pick one slice and cut a small notch in the middle of the pulp. Place the slice on the rim of your glass using the notch to hold it in place.
- Fill your glass with ice. You want enough ice that the glass is almost full.
- Use your jigger to measure out 2 oz of whiskey. Add your whiskey to your glass with the ice.
- Use your jigger to measure out 4 oz of 7up. Add your 7up to your glass with the whiskey and ice.
- Use your bar spoon to get everything mixed together. Make sure not to stir too hard or the soda will fizz.