If you’re looking for dessert drink and love banana cream pie, you must try out this banana cream martini. It’s creamy, sweet and just like drinking your favorite dessert.
What is a Banana Cream Martini?
A banana cream pie martini is a combination of whipped cream vodka from a Bailey’s Irish cream and creme de banana. This slightly yellow colored martini taste like a sweet and creamy banana cream pie and liquid form with a little bite of the vodka as it goes down.
You love banana flavored cocktails, you might also try a banana cream shot (which has RumChata), a banana split shot (which leaves out the Irish cream), or banana Foster cocktail (which adds in a little butterscotch and chocolate flavors).
The majority of the liquor in their drink comes from the vodka. Whipped cream vodka is a slightly sweet, creamy and vanilla flavored liquor.
Creme de banana is a light yellow color liqueur. It is very sweet and creamy with a strong banana flavor. It tastes sort of like a banana laffy Taffy infused with alcohol.
Irish cream Is a sweet creamy liqueur that is infused with Irish whiskey. Though we really like to use Bailey’s there are other brands you can use as well.
When to Make This Drink:
This decadent dessert martini fits in well for a multitude of different times like:
- after dinner drinks
- summer parties
Since this is not a standardized drink, there are several ways you can change this one up but keep the flavors similar. Try a few of these ideas out:
- Substitute the whipped cream vodka. Instead of using whipped cream vodka, you can use vanilla vodka which has a similar flavor just slightly less creamy.
- Use banana schnapps. This might make it a little less creamy, but you can use a banana schnapps instead of a creme de banana.
- Substitute the Irish cream. Keep the creamy flavor, but add a little cinnamon by using RumChata instead of Bailey’s.
- Make it even creamier. Use a little heavy cream to add extra creamy sweetness to this drink.
- Get decadent with garnishes. There are several different ways you can garnish this drink to really amp up the flavor and make it look visually stunning.
- Add a few banana slices to the rim or the top of the drink.
- Add a rim of sugar or crushed nilla wafers.
- Add a little dollop of whipped cream to the top.
How to make this drink:
This easy to make, three ingredient martini can be whipped up in 5 minutes or less. Pour all your ingredients into the shaker and shake them together.
- 1 oz Baileys
- 2 oz Whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz Creme de banana
Get everything together for this martini including martini glass, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, ice, whipped cream vodka, creme de banana and Irish cream.
Go ahead and stick your glass into the freezer so that it has some time to chill. Also, fill the shaker up with ice.
Grab the Irish cream. Using the jigger measure 1 ounce and pour it into the shaker.
Grab the creme de banana. Using the jigger, measure 1 ounce and pour it into the shaker.
Grab the whipped cream vodka. Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz and four into the shaker.
Cover the shaker with its lid. Shake it well until the outside becomes cold and icy. Usually this will take around 15 to 20 seconds.
Grab the martini glass out of the freezer. Then, pull the shaker lid off and replace it with the Hawthorne strainer.
Go ahead and pour the banana cream martini from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass.
Banana Cream Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 oz Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1 oz Banana Liqueur
- Pop the martini glass into the freezer so that it can chill.
- Add some ice into the shaker. Fill it up to the top with ice.
- Take the jigger and measure 1 oz of Baileys. Toss it into the shaker.
- Take the jigger and measure 2 oz of Whipped Cream Vodka. Toss it into the shaker.
- Take the jigger and measure 1 oz of Banana Liqueur. Toss it into the shaker.
- Pop the shaker lid on and shake it up. The shaker will get cold after about 15 or 20 seconds.
- Take the chilled martini glass out of the freezer.
- Pop the shaker lid off and then put the strainer over the shaker.
- Strain the drink from the cocktail shaker into the martini glass.