Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Do you love a sweet banana split full of whipped cream and decadent goodness? If you’re raising your hand, you must try out this super easy, two ingredient banana split shot. Your taste buds are sure to be happy!
What is a Banana Split Shot?
A banana split shot is a simple combination of equal parts banana liqueur and whipped cream vodka. This easy to make pretty yellow shot tastes like a rich, sweet, creamy banana split.
The banana cream liquor in this shot provides the creamy banana flavor as well as the pretty yellow color. There are a few different brands you can use, but we like Sweet Shoppe. It is used in many sweet banana flavored dessert drinks like a banana foster drink and a banana cream pie martini.
The whipped cream vodka provides a creamy, sweet and slightly vanilla flavor. It also provides the majority of the alcohol content in this shot. One of our favorite brands is Pinnacle whipped cream vodka.
When to Make This Drink:
This sweet and easy to make dessert shot is well suited for a variety of occasions such as:
- birthday parties
- dessert drinks
- cocktail hour
Here are a few different ways you can change up the shot by substituting ingredients or adding a few extras but maintaining the same flavor.
- Use vanilla vodka. Vanilla vodka has a very similar flavor to whipped cream vodka and makes for a good substitution.
- Use banana schnapps. This will give you more of a clear yellow color instead of a creamy yellow color.
- Add banana simple syrup. Add about .25 to .5 ounces of banana simple syrup to add a little sweetness and banana flavor.
- Add some garnishes. Top this with whipped cream, sprinkles and or a maraschino cherry for an extra decadent dessert shot.
- Make it creamier. Add .25 to .5 oz of Bailey’s Irish cream to add an extra creaminess.
How to make this drink:
2 minutes is really all you need to whip up this easy two ingredient shot. Toss your ingredients in the shaker and shake them together.
- 1 oz Banana liqueur
- 1 oz Whipped cream vodka
Collect all of the necessary items to make the shot including whipped cream vodka, banana cream liqueur, Hawthorne strainer, shaker, ice, jigger and shot glass.
Dump some ice into your cocktail shaker so that it is filled to the top.
Use the jigger and measure out 1 oz of banana cream liqueur. Pour that into the shaker.
Use a jigger and measure out 1 oz of whipped cream vodka. Pour that into the shaker.
Pop the top on to the cocktail shaker and shake it well until it becomes cold and icy to touch. This usually takes around 15 to 20 seconds.
Remove the shaker lid and pour your drink from the shaker into the shot glass.
Banana Split Shot
- shot glass
- 1 oz Banana Liqueur
- 1 oz Whipped Cream Vodka
- Gather up all of the items you will need to make this shot.
- Toss ice into the shaker to fill it to the top.
- Take the banana liqueur and the jigger. Measure out 1 oz of banana liqueur and add it to the shaker.
- Take the whipped cream vodka and the jigger. Measure out 1 oz of whipped cream vodka and add it to the shaker.
- Add the shaker lid to the shaker and shake it well. After around 15 seconds or so, the shaker will get cold.
- Take the shaker lid off and add the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the shot into the shot glass.