Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Go bananas with this sweet, creamy and dreamy banana milk. The super easy two ingredient flavored milk is the perfect creamy, fruity and tropical flavor for everyone. It’s easy to make and full of indulgent and decadent flavor.
🥛 What is a Banana Milk?
Banana milk is a creamy and flavorful combination of banana syrup stirred together with your milk of twice. This flavorful milk beverage is tropical tasting, sweet, creamy and bursting with banana flavor.
Banana milk is available for purchase in the store. It’s most commonly found as a Korean product. However, there are banana favorite almond milks available as well.
Although purchasing this at the store might be slightly faster than making it on your own, it’s definitely not as healthy. It’s typically packed full of preservatives other unnatural and less healthy ingredients.
Here are a few of the reasons why you might want to try this recipe out:
- Nutritious and delicious. As you likely already know, milk is jam packed full of important vitamins and minerals such as calcium and vitamin d. Additionally, making this on your own you can add in a fresh fruit flare if desired.
- Versatile. It’s really easy to customize this drink making it extremely versatile. You can serve it at a wide range of events and make it as healthy or sweet as you desire.
- Super duper easy. What could be easier than tossing two ingredients together and stirring them up? Not much. All you need is 2 minutes and you can have this drink ready to go.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This is an exquisite choice to serve up at a wide range of times including:
- Afternoon snack
- After dinner drink
One of the great things about this flavored milk is the fact that you can customize it to meet your flavor preferences and ingredients. Here are a few things you can try:
- Use real bananas. Make this as a healthy and nutritious snack by blending one full banana in with the milk in a blender instead of using banana simple syrup. If you make sure to use a super ripe banana, you won’t even need any sweetener to add. If you want to make it a little thicker, you can freeze your banana first for a slightly icy drink.
- Use a dairy-free alternative. Instead of using dairy-based milk, go dairy-free by using any of your preferred dairy-free alternatives such as cashew milk, almond milk or soy milk. Just make sure that you are using an unsweetened and unflavored version.
- Add a little decadence. Make this more of a dessert by adding some extra garnishes to the string. Add a dash of vanilla extract, a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg or even a large dollop of whipped cream on top of your drink.
- Pack in the protein. You can add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. Vanilla or chocolate flavors work best for an after workout or protein packed snack.
- 2 oz Banana Simple Syrup (store bought, or make your own with 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup sliced banana)
- 4 oz of Milk
Get everything started by gathering together the milk, banana simple syrup, glass, jigger and bar spoon.
Toss enough ice into your glass so that it is filled to the top.
Measure up 2 oz of banana simple syrup and dump that into the glass with the ice.
Note: You can purchase banana syrup at the store or you can whip up a batch of your own. If you’re making your own banana syrup we have a detailed post on it. Or, you can see a brief overview and the recipe card below.
Grab up your milk and pour it directly into your glass. You should fill the glass up to the top. This usually takes around 4 to 6 oz of milk depending on the size of glass you’ve chosen.
Grab the bar spoon and place it into the glass. Give everything a few good but careful stirs so that it is well mixed.
- bar spoon
- highball glass
- cocktail shaker optional
- Hawthorne strainer optional
- 2 oz Banana Simple syrup if making your own you will need 1 cup banana, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz Milk
Banana Simple syrup
- Add 1 cup banana, 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a pot.
- Heat on medium until it simmers for 10 minutes.
- Strain the banana pieces out and place in the fridge to chill.
- Fill the highball glass up with ice.
- Using the jigger, measure out 2 oz of banana simple syrup and toss into the glass.*see below notes section if you want to measure in cups.
- Using the jigger, measure out 4 oz of milk and toss into the glass.Or, you can pour the milk directly into the glass to top it off.
- Stir the drink up with the bar spoon.
- ¼ cup of banana simple syrup
- ½ cup of milk
- You can also use a cocktail shaker and shake this to mix instead of stirring.
- Use dairy free milk if desired.
- Instead of making banana simple syrup, you can blend bananas and sugar into the milk.