Fancy and flavored hot chocolates are always a nice twist on an old classic. And, this Biscoff hot chocolate does not disappoint. This warm treat is a nice combination of sweet chocolate with a little cinnamon and nutmeg spice
☕ What is a Biscoff Hot Chocolate?
Biscoff hot chocolate is a delicious combination of cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, granulated sugar, milk and biscoff cookie butter spread. This warm, decadent dessert concoction is full of chocolate, creamy and slightly spicy and caramelized flavors.
Biscoff cookie butter spread is essentially lotus bischoff cookies turned into a spread. It has a strong caramelized flavor with sweetness and spiciness from cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg flavors (source).
Flavored hot chocolates like this are a nice twist on the classic warm and chocolatey drink. They’re easy to make because typically you just have to add in one additional ingredient to get the extra flavor. Some other examples include frozen hot chocolate, Butterfinger hot chocolate, orange hot chocolate and Oreo hot chocolate.
If you weren’t already sold on making this, here are some of the reasons you’re sure to love it:
- Cookies and chocolate. What isn’t better than sweet, spicy cookies all mixed together with chocolate?
- Easy to make. With only five ingredients you can heat this one together in about 10 minutes. Simply add all of your ingredients together and stir them up.
- Dress it up or down. This one is nice because you can make it super fancy and serve it at formal celebrations or just whip up a quick cup for your evening sipping.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
Try serving this one up at a couple of these different events:
Customize this drink with a few flavor variations and ingredient changes to make it exactly how you want:
- Add actual cookies. Melt some actual lotus Bishop cookies or crumble them up and top the drink off with them.
- Use dairy-free milk. Use a dairy-free alternative and make something like almond milk hot chocolate or oat milk hot chocolate.
- Go all cocoa powder or all chocolate chips. You can use ¼ of a cup of just one of these ingredients instead of splitting them into two. Do be mindful that if you use all chocolate chips it will create a slightly thicker and richer drink.
- Make it white chocolate. Instead of doing a dark chocolate base for this drink, remove the cocoa powder and use a quarter cup of white chocolate chips.
- Use half and half or heavy cream. Substitute all or part of the milk for half and half or heavy cream which will make a thicker and creamier beverage.
- Measuring Cups
- 1 cup Milk – for this recipe we used 2% milk. But, you can use whatever type you prefer.
- ⅛ cup Dark chocolate – You can use a chocolate bar and chop it up. But, we prefer to use chocolate chips for faster preparation.
- ⅛ cup Cocoa powder – We like to use a dark cocoa powder for a slightly richer drink.
- ⅛ cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Biscoff Spread
- Whipped Cream (optional garnish)
Gather up everything you’ll need for this recipe including milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, Biscoff spread, measuring cups, whisk, saucepan and mug.
Grab your 1 cup of milk and dump that into the pot.
Grab your ⅛ of a cup of chocolate chips and dump that into the pot.
Grab your ⅛ of a cup of sugar and dump that into the pot.
Grab your ⅛ of a cup of cocoa powder and dump that into the pot.
Grab your two tablespoons of Biscoff spread and add that to the pot.
Note: We played around with different versions of this drink using different amounts of the cookie spread. One tablespoon didn’t quite impart a strong enough taste while three tablespoons takes way too long to melt.
Take your pot with your ingredient mixture and place it onto the stove top at medium heat. Whisk it frequently while it heats.
The spread takes a little while to melt. You’ll want to spend at least 8 minutes heating it on the stove so that it is well melted and combined.
Take it off the heat and pour your drink into your mug. Then, top it with a large dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate syrup if you want.
Biscoff Hot Chocolate
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- 1 cup Milk
- ⅛ cup Dark Chocolate
- ⅛ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Biscoff Spread
- ⅛ cup Sugar
- Whipped cream (optional garnish)
- Chocolate Syrup (optional garnish)
- Add 1 cup of milk to the saucepan.
- Add in the ⅛ cup of dark chocolate, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of biscoff spread.
- Heat the mixture on the stovetop on medium heat, whisking regularly.
- After about 5 – 8 minutes, all of the ingredients should be melted together and well mixed.
- Take the pot off the stove and pour your hot chocolate into the mug.
- If desired, add a large dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate syrup on top.
- Make sure not to let it boil. Just keep it hot enough to melt everything together.
- Stir frequently while heating so that it heats evenly.
- You can use a dairy free alternative for the milk, if desired.
- Add a little heavy cream to make it richer and creamier.
- You can do ¼ chocolate chips and leave out cocoa powder or vice versa.