This super easy, two ingredient strawberry milk is packed full of sweetness, sunshine, summertime vibes and strawberries. This pretty pink drink can be whipped up in just a few minutes and is perfect for adults and kids alike.
🥛 What is a Strawberry Milk?
Strawberry milk is an easy combination of strawberry simple syrup in your milk of choice. It is bright, fresh and sweet bursting with strawberry flavor and a thick creaminess. It tastes sort of like a light strawberry milkshake.
Strawberry milk is probably one of the more common flavored milks. However, You can make a whole range of different flavors just as easy as this including raspberry milk and blueberry milk.
Of course, as you probably know, you can buy strawberry milk in the store. But, it’s usually packed full of preservatives and artificial sweeteners. Making your own with this recipe allows you to have a fresher and healthier alternative.
Here are few reasons that you are sure to love this recipe:
- Customizable. You can adjust the amount and type of sugar. You can also use different types of milk depending on your preference. This way you can make the flavor and nutrients in this drink suit your needs.
- Super easy. After you only two ingredients to make this recipe. You can whip it up in just a few minutes.
- Pretty in pink. It’s bright pink color is eye catching and makes a great drink to serve at themed parties like a baby showers or Valentine’s Day.
⭐ When to Make This Drink
This drink can be enjoyed by adults or kids and can be served at so many different occasions such as:
- Afternoon snack
- Valentine’s Day
- Breakfast treat
If you’re interested in customizing this drink with different flavor variations or ingredients substitutions, check these ideas out:
- Blend it up. Instead of making or using strawberry simple syrup, you can take your sugar, water and sliced strawberries and blend them together in the blender before adding them to the milk. This will lead to a slightly fresher tasting drink with more chunks of strawberries in it.
- Use different sweetener. We like to make our own strawberry simple syrup and use sugar. However, you can make it and use honey or any other sweetener you prefer.
- Go dairy-free. Use a dairy-free alternative such as oat milk, soy milk or almond milk. Do be aware that each might have a slightly different color or add a little flavor. Make sure that you do choose an unflavored version.
- Adjust the amount of simple syrup. We like to use 2 oz and a full glass of milk. However, if you want more or less flavor and sweetener you can adjust accordingly.
- 2 oz Strawberry Simple Syrup – You can use store-bought or make your own. If making from scratch, you’ll need 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water. We have a full post dedicated to the details of making the syrup linked above. But, if you need a quick rundown you can check it out in the recipe card below.
- 4 – 6 oz Milk – We like to use 2%, but you can use any type you prefer.
Gather up everything you need including cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger, rocks glass, ice, milk and strawberry simple syrup.
Note: If you want to make your own strawberry simple syrup, you can check out the details in the recipe card below.
Also, you don’t have to use a rocks glass specifically for this drink. You can use any glass you prefer.
Go ahead and fill both these shaker and the glass up with ice.
Note: If you don’t have a cocktail shaker You can use a mason jar or any other jar with a lid. Or, you can simply pour everything into the glass and stir with a spoon.
Measure out 2 oz of strawberry simple syrup. Then, pour it in the shaker.
Note: If you don’t have a jigger or don’t want to measure in ounces You can use cups by using the measurements in the recipe card below.
Use a jigger to measure out 4 oz of milk. Then, pour it into the shaker. If you’re using a larger glass you may want to add up to 6 oz.
Put the lid over top of the shaker and shake it up for around 15 seconds. The shaker will get cold which lets you know that everything is thoroughly chilled and mixed.
Pop the top of the shaker off and pour your milk into your glass.
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- highball glass
- 2 oz Strawberry Simple syrup if you want to make from scratch instead of buying, instructions are below. Use 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water
- 4 oz Milk
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Add 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain out any chunks of strawberries.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill.
- Fill up a rocks glass to the top with ice. Also, add ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Measure out 4 – 6 oz of milk with the jigger. Dump the milk into a shaker.*see notes below for measurement amounts in cups and tbs.
- Measure out 2 oz of chilled strawberry simple syrup with the jigger. Dump the strawberry simple syrup into the shaker.
- Put the shaker lid on and shake well for about 20 seconds.
- Remove the shaker lid and put the strainer over the shaker.
- Pour the drink into the rocks glass.
- Any type of milk works for this recipe including dairy free.
- You can use store-bought or homemade strawberry simple syrup.
- If you don’t want to use strawberry simple syrup, you can blend together a few strawberries with 1 oz of simple syrup (or sugar) and the milk.
- Don’t have a cocktail shaker? Use any jar with a lid such as a mason jar.
- ¼ cup of Strawberry Simple Syrup
- ½ cup of Milk