Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This blue dolphin Martini is neon blue and super easy to make. This martini is the color of the Gulf waters where you would expect to see dolphins swimming around. The color is just as delightful as the taste.
What is a Blue Dolphin Martini?
A blue dolphin martini is a combination of vodka, peach schnapps and blue curacao. The resulting martini is an almost neon blue color and has a strong peach flavor with a little zing of orange citrus.
Vodka is a pretty neutral tasting liquor. It is also clear in color. Vodka in this martini simply adds a little extra kick of alcohol. It really allows the other flavors of the ingredients to shine through.
Peach schnapps, as you may expect is a type of schnapps. Plain schnapps is a clear neutral tasting base spirit. To make peach schnapps a very sweet peach flavor is added into the schnapps.
Blue curaçao is, as you might expect, where this drink gets its bright blue color. It is an orange flavored liqueur.
Occasions for this drink
This drink is super easy to make and is well suited for a variety of occasions such as:
- 4th of July parties
- Before dinner drinks
- afternoon sipping
- pool parties
If you’re looking for ways to change this drink up, try some of these out:
- Use orange vodka. If you want to double down on the orange flavor of the blue curaçao, use orange vodka instead of regular vodka to really crank up that orange taste.
- Use peach vodka. If peach is your favorite flavor in this drink, capitalize on the schnapps flavor by replacing the regular vodka with peach vodka.
- Add an orange twist. To add a little extra color to your drink, make an orange twist and add it to the martini rim.
How to make this drink:
You only need three ingredients and a little shaking to get this martini ready. You should be able to shake this one up in 3 minutes or less.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- ⅓ oz peach schnapps
- ⅓ oz blue curacao
Gather up everything necessary for this martini including martini glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, vodka, peach schnapps and blue curacao.
Place your martini Glass into the freezer so that it can chill.
Grab up your ice and toss it into the cocktail shaker. The shaker should be almost completely filled with ice.
Grab your jigger and your vodka. Measure out 1.5 oz of vodka. Pour that into the shaker.
Grab the jigger and the blue curacao. Measure out ⅓ of an ounce of blue curacao. Pour that into the shaker.
Grab the jigger and the peach schnapps. Measure out ⅓ of an ounce of peach schnapps. Pour that into the shaker.
Grab the top of your cocktail shaker and place it on the shaker. Shake everything well until these shaker becomes cold to the touch. This typically takes around 15 or 20 seconds.
Remove your martini glass from the freezer.
Take the lid off your shaker and place the Hawthorne strainer over the shaker. Strain your martini into your glass.
Blue Dolphin Martini
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- ⅓ oz Peach Schnapps
- ⅓ oz Blue Curacao
- Grab all the ingredients and equipment listed above so you are ready to make your drink.
- Take your martini glass and stick it in the freezer to chill.
- Take some ice and toss it into the shaker. Shaker should be almost filled with ice.
- Take the vodka and measure out 1.5 oz with the jigger. Pour that into the shaker.
- Take the peach schnapps and measure out ⅓ oz with the jigger. Pour that into the shaker.
- Take the blue curacao and measure out 1.5 oz with the jigger. Pour that into the shaker.
- Take the shaker lid and cover the shaker with it. Shake well for around 20 seconds or until the shaker becomes icy on the outside.
- Grab the chilled martini glass from the freezer.
- Replace the shaker lid with the strainer.
- Pour your drink from the shaker into the martini glass.