Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
Looking for a fun colored sweet and slightly sour drink for your next party? Whip up this super easy two ingredient caramel apple shot which is sure to dazzle your guests.
What is a Caramel Apple Shot?
A caramel apple shot is a green colored drink that is a combination of butterscotch schnapps and sour apple pucker. The resulting cocktail tastes just like a caramel apple with a big hit of apple flavor in the front that quickly smooths into a sweet caramel.
Due to the fact that this shot is made from two liqueurs, it is a relatively low alcohol by volume shot. It is a very sweet drink so watch out for the sugar content.
Butterscotch schnapps is a liqueur made from a neutral tasting base spirit that is flavored with a sweet butterscotch flavor. Butterscotch itself is like a caramelized brown sugar and butter flavor.
Sour apple pucker is a bright green almost a neon colored liqueur. It is also made from a neutral tasting base spirit which is infused with sweet and sour apple flavor.
When to Make This Drink:
This drink is a fun addition to a variety of occasions from fall holidays to summer parties. You might want to try it out at some of the following:
- Thanksgiving get togethers
- holiday parties
- summer barbecues
- St Patrick’s Day
This shot is super easy to make, and one of the fun things about it is there are several ways to change it up including:
- Substitute the butterscotch schnapps. If you want to make this one a little boozier, use caramel flavored vodka instead of butterscotch schnapps which will still give you that caramel flavor but with a higher alcohol content.
- Make it sweeter. Add a caramel rim to your shot glass to double down on the caramel flavor and bring a little extra sweetness.
- Add a little apple cider. If you want to add to the apple flavor of the drink you can add a little splash of apple cider. Or, you can even replace the sour apple pucker with apple cider.
- Add Bailey’s salted caramel. Instead of using butterscotch schnapps or as just a little addition to add some creaminess, use Bailey’s Irish cream salted caramel flavor.
How to make this drink:
This drink is one of the easiest ones there is to make, you just need two simple ingredients. Toss them in a shaker and mix them up.
- 1 oz Apple pucker
- 1 oz Butterscotch schnapps
Ensure that you have everything necessary for the shot including shot glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, butterscotch schnapps, sour apple pucker and ice.
Grab some ice and toss it into your cocktail shaker. You should feel your shaker almost to the top.
Grab your butterscotch schnapps and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of butterscotch schnapps and pour it into the shaker.
Grab your sour apple pucker and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of sour apple pucker and poured into the shaker.
Grab the shaker lid and cover the shaker with it. Shake everything well until the outside of the shaker becomes cool to the touch. Usually this will take around 15 or 20 seconds.
If you would like to add a garnish to this drink, now is the time to do so. Spread a thin layer of caramel sauce on a saucer.
Then, place the shot glass rim down in the caramel sauce and rock it back and forth until it is thoroughly coated.
Remove the shaker lid. Place the Hawthorne strainer across the top of the shaker. Then, pour your shot from the shaker into your shot glass. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Shot
- cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
- shot glass
- 1 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1 oz Sour Apple Pucker
- Gather the listed equipment and ingredients above.
- Grab some ice and toss it in the shaker. Fill the shaker about to the top with ice.
- Grab the butterscotch schnapps. Using the jigger, measure 1 oz of butterscotch schnapps and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the sour apple pucker Using the jigger, measure 1 oz of sour apple pucker and toss into the shaker.
- Grab the shaker lid. Secure it over the top of the shaker.
- Shake it well until the shaker is cold to the touch. Usually this takes around 15 seconds.
- Grab the hawthorne strainer. Replace it for the shaker lid on top of the shaker.
- Pour the shot into the shot glass.