Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
This light green colored Apple jack shot is the perfect drink if you’re looking for a big one two punch. This easy to make two ingredient shot can be whipped up in under 2 minutes.
What is a Apple Jack Shot?
An Apple jack shot is a combination of Jack Daniels whiskey and sour apple pucker. The resulting shot is a light green color and delivers a strong bite of Jack up front which is quickly smoothed into a sweet and sour apple flavor.
Sour apple pucker is a liqueur that is a neon green color. It is made from a neutral flavored base spirit that is then infused with a sour and slightly sweet apple flavor.
Jack Daniels is a type of whiskey made in Tennessee. It is made from a variety of grains, namely rye, barley and corn. It has a strong alcoholic bite with notes of pepper, spice and some sweetness (source)
When to Make This Drink:
This shot is super quick and easy to make which makes it well suited for a wide variety of serving times including:
- college parties
- tailgating parties
- girls or guys night out
- fall celebrations
With only two ingredients, there aren’t a lot of things to mix up in this drink. However, here are a few ideas:
- Use apple-flavored Jack Daniels. Jack Daniels comes in a few different varieties and flavors. The apple flavor version would be well suited in this drink.
- Use Jack Daniels honey flavor. If you want a little added sweetness to the drink, try Jack Daniel’s honey flavor.
- Add a little creaminess. Add a splash of RumChata which has a cinnamon flavor that goes well with the apple and jack. But, the creaminess in the RumChata will help smooth out that strong bite from the Jack Daniels.
Some other apple flavored drinks are: washington apple shot, caramel apple shot, applesauce shot and the appletini.
How to make this drink:
If you have two minutes, you can get this shot ready to go. Simply dump your ingredients in a shaker and give them a shake.
- Shot glasses
- hawthorn strainer
- cocktail shaker
- 1 oz Apple pucker
- 1 oz of Jack Daniels
Gather up all of the necessary items for this shot including shot glass, jigger, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, ice, Jack Daniels and sour apple pucker.
Grab your cocktail shaker and ice. Toss the ice into the shaker so that it is filled almost to the top.
Take the Jack Daniels and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of Jack Daniels and toss it into the shaker.
Take the sour apple pucker and jigger. Measure out 1 oz of sour apple pucker and toss it into the shaker with the Jack Daniels.
Take the shaker lid and cover the shaker with it. Shake well until the outside of the shaker becomes cool to the touch. Typically this will take around 15 or so seconds.
Take the Hawthorne strainer and replace the shaker lid with the strainer. Pour your shot from the shaker into the shot glass. Enjoy!
Apple Jack Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- 1 oz Apple Pucker
- 1 oz Jack Daniels
- Ensure you have collected all the equipment and ingredients listed above.
- Pick up some ice and dump it in the shaker. Shaker should be filled almost to the top.
- Pick up the sour apple pucker. Use the jigger and measure out 1 oz of sour apple pucker. Then, dump it in the shaker.
- Pick up the jack daniels. Use the jigger and measure out 1 oz of jack daniels. Then, dump it in the shaker.
- Pick up the shaker top and cover the shaker with it.
- Shake it up well until the shaker becomes cold to the touch. Typically this takes about 15 or 20 seconds.
- Pick up the hawthorne strainer and replace the shaker top with it.
- Pour the shot into the glass.
Leave a Reply