Occassional Cocktails may earn compensation from purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn more Here.
If you’re looking for a creamy sweet and easy to make shot, then you should give this golden butter ball shot a try. Whip this one up for your next after dinner drinks or party.
What is a Golden Butterball Shot?
A golden butter ball shot is a combination of equal parts goldschlager, Irish cream and butterscotch schnapps. It can be served shaken or layered. This shot has a sweet and creamy flavor almost a little like an oatmeal cookie with a strong cinnamon bite.
Irish cream is a sweet and creamy liqueur that has hints of vanilla and cocoa. We like to use Bailey’s, but there are other brands you can choose.
Goldschlager is a type of cinnamon schnapps. It has a strong spicy cinnamon flavor with a little sweetness. This liqueur is unique because it has gold flakes floating in it. This is where this shot gets the golden in its name.
There are several different brands of butterscotch synops available. We like to use DeKuyper.
When to Make This Drink:
This shot is appropriate to serve up in a wide variety of times such as:
- After dinner drinks
- Cocktail hour
- Dessert drinks
- Holiday parties
This shot comes from a group of shots that all have slight variations on one another.
- Slippery nipple shot-a layered shot made of grenadine, sambuca and Irish cream.
- Buttery nipple shot- Irish cream layered on top of butterscotch schnapps.
- Copper camel shot – which is Irish cream and butterscotch schnapps.
- Cowboy cocksucker – which is Irish cream, butterscotch schnapps and Southern comfort.
How to make this drink:
With only three ingredients this drink is super easy to mix up. Dump everything into your cocktail shaker and shake well.
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 oz Butterscotch schnapps
- .5 oz Baileys
Grab up everything you need to make this drink including goldschlager, butterscotch schnapps, Irish cream, ice, cocktail shaker, Hawthorne strainer, jigger and shot glass.
Dump a couple handfuls of ice into the cocktail shaker.
Pick up the peach schnapps. Use the jigger to measure 0.5 oz and toss it into the shaker.
Pick up the Irish cream. Use the jigger to measure .5 oz and toss it into shaker.
Pick up the goldschlager. Give it a couple good shakes so that the gold flakes are evenly distributed.
Measure out .5 oz with a jigger and toss it into the shaker.
Cover the shaker up with the lid and shake everything together for around 15 to 20 seconds. Once the shaker is cool to touch you can stop shaking.
Pop the top off the shaker and place a Hawthorne strainer over it. Then, strain your golden Butterball shot from the shaker into the shor glass.
Golden Butterball Shot
- Hawthorne strainer
- cocktail shaker
- shot glass
- .5 oz Goldschlager
- .5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- .5 oz Bailey's
- Dump ice into the shaker so that it is completely filled.
- Dump .75 oz of Goldschlager into the jigger, then toss the goldschlager into the shaker.
- Dump .75 oz of butterscotch schnapps into the jigger, then toss the butterscotch schnapps into the shaker.
- Dump .75 oz of irish cream into the jigger, then toss the irish cream into the shaker.
- Stick the shaker top on and shake it up. After about 15 seconds, it will get cold to the touch.
- Replace the shaker top with the hawthorne strainer.
- Pour the shot into the shot glass and enjoy!